FOMC - 29 June 2006

with the fed going to talk this week what can we expect leadind up thurs. also is it not unsuall for the fed to make the announcement on thur. (maybe i read the cal. wrong)
If I remember and understand correctly then YES: The announcement will be at 2:15pm EST on Thursday. I think that it's a 2 day meeting spanning Wednesday and Thursday.

Good question about what market activity will be like this coming week. I think lower range than we've been seeing recently.
The market anticipates a 1/4 point cut tomorrow. It is my opinion that anything other than a 1/4 point cut will throw the market into a frenzy because the market is on a knife's edge here and anything "unexpected" will tip it from a volatile market into a very volatile market.
so what do we think of the fed day action guys?
Federal Reserve Increases Interest Rate to 5.25 Percent, Its Highest Point in More Than 5 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve hoisted interest rates to the highest point in more than five years Thursday but also raised hopes that a respite from two years of rate pain may be in sight. Wall Street rallied, breathing a sigh of relief.