Help: Two Questions Please on Pivots

Hi,

Could someone please tell me about what time the Pivots are posted in the morning? I live on the west coast and don't have a handle on the earliest they are posted.

Also, does anyone have a handle on how to figure the Camarilla Equations? I have worked it every which away using the figures given on delta. I cannot get the same results.

Would sure like to be able to do this as then I could put my lines on my chart the evening before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jordane
Jordane,

The figures are usually updated sometime between 7pm and 2am EST after the market.

The formulae used in the Camarilla Equations are posted on the web. Click the link on the Camarilla Equation and it will take you to an explanation on how to calculate them.

Give me an example of what input figures you are using and how you try and calculate (say) R1 and I will show you where you are going wrong and what you need to do. Post a reply here.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Jordane,

The figures are usually updated sometime between 7pm and 2am EST after the market.

The formulae used in the Camarilla Equations are posted on the web. Click the link on the Camarilla Equation and it will take you to an explanation on how to calculate them.

Give me an example of what input figures you are using and how you try and calculate (say) R1 and I will show you where you are going wrong and what you need to do. Post a reply here.

Thank you, Day Trading.

1. I looked at the calulator again and hadn't realized I could change the settings to Camarilla. So I tried it using todays figures ***and came up with a bunch of numbers, but not sure if the ones Delta put up are the midpoint numbers or the ones after S1, S3, etc. But I can always check tomorrow and see what Delta uses so no problem except it didn't like me putting in today's OHLC because it says they are all Invalid Values. Could be since I took the numbers from my charting***. <- That's why the stars above. I tried yahoo, bloomberg, cme to get official numbers, but no one had them for the ER2 (IB russell emini)

2. Yes, I had tried using the formula so don't know why it wouldn't work for me as it looks pretty simple. For example, using deltas figures for today for the ER, the close was 736.3. But if one subracts the range from the close and multiplies by 1.5 or .015 (changed decimal in case it was a %, so tried both), I don't come out with S4 of 730.7 like Delta does. This is hard to explain.

I don't have a problem getting PP. lol

Jordane
Yep, my figures were for ER2 were wrong when I tried the calculor for tomorrow. Delta has tomorrow pivots up. Thanks for letting me know the times usually posted.

Jordane
If we take the ER2 figures from today's Daily Notes page:
Daily Notes for 6 July 2006

We get the Open, High, Low, Close values of:
O: 736.0
H: 736.6
L: 719.4
C: 725.3

If we plug them into the Pivot Point Calculator and select Camarilla Equation then it produces all of the pivots.

R3, for example is 730.0 exactly.

To get R3 we need to substitute in this formula:
C + RANGE * 1.1 / 4
which gives us:
725.3 + (736.6 - 719.4) * 1.1 / 4
= 730.03 which rounds to 730.0

Do you see how we got there?
quote:
Originally posted by Jordane

Yep, my figures were for ER2 were wrong when I tried the calculor for tomorrow. Delta has tomorrow pivots up. Thanks for letting me know the times usually posted.

Okay - great - I didn't see that before I made the last post.
quote:

If we plug them into the Pivot Point Calculator and select Camarilla Equation then it produces all of the pivots.

C + RANGE * 1.1 / 4
which gives us:

Sorry for above post. Tried to post my reply and had forgotten to put in user name and password so it didn't go. Then tried to see if my post was still around and only your quote was sent. Sorry about that.

I'll take up it tomorrow evening since my good post was lost. Brain dead now.

Jordane (thanks for your time. no, didn't get same figures, but will explain tomorrow evening.)
No problem - I'll try and help you then.
quote:

quote:

C + RANGE * 1.1 / 4
which gives us:

Hi Day Trading,

It's been nice as the pivots have been up early last night and today, they were up really early. Sure beats trying to get those Camarilla lines on my charts by 6:30am pst.

Ok, back to why I can't get the right number in your example. BTW, did see where I had the OHLC wrong. I was using Day Session figures.

725.3 + (736.6 - 719.4) * 1.1/4 =
725.3 + (17.2) * 1.25 =
742.5 * 1.25 = 927.5 <-

It's been nice getting the pivots earlier, but now it's academic. Would like to know why my ignorance in the formula.

Jordane

quote:

Ok, back to why I can't get the right number in your example. BTW, did see where I had the OHLC wrong. I was using Day Session figures.

725.3 + (17.2) * 1.25 =
742.5 * 1.25 = 927.5 <-

It's been nice getting the pivots earlier, but now it's academic. Would like to know why my ignorance in the formula.

Okay, just 1 basic math error and 1 misunderstanding error.
Here is the "substituted-in" formula:

The 1.1/4 at the end is 1.1 divided by 4 and NOT 1 + 1/4. so the end part of the formula:
* 1.1/4 -> (is actually) -> * 0.275
(that was the misunderstanding)

The math error in here:
725.3 + (17.2) * 1.25 =
742.5 * 1.25 = 927.5 <-

Was that you forgot that * (multiplication) takes precedent over addition and that the multiplication should have been done first.

Try it again and if you still don't get the same answers as me then show me your workings again and I'll show you where you went wrong.
dont feel bad about making that mistake jordane - i have done that plenty of times - sometimes it helps to use ()