Carolyn Boroden, The Trading Zoo, Larry Levin

Does anyone have any expereince with or know anything about the following trading gurus?

Carolyn Boroden
The Trading Zoo <- Dedicated topic.
Larry Levin (Secrets of Traders)

Wanting a great place to learn and don't want to get taken.

Please feel free to e-mail direct at [email protected]

Thanks,

wan

[Edit by day trading: Link to dedicated topic for TradingZoo.com]
WAN: Many thanks for your very informative reply. I think that you've taken the perfect approach to finding the best ways to go about improving yourself as a trader and through making this post I think that you will be helping hundreds of traders in the right direction and I (we) thank you for that.
quote:
Originally posted by WAN

First, AHK is trading with the Trading Zoo. He may deny it but that is what it is. On the contrary, I admitted it. They use a very objective method to trading by way of contra trading. Correction: the method is based on price and tape action. It can be done but with a large set of balls. The best traders are female What I found was during hard trending days you got rolled pretty hard. Had you learned the methods properly under the tutelage of the mentor rather than an alleged disgruntled trader your results would have been different.. And "no" I will not send anyone a copy of it. Copy of what? To my knowledge, there are no manuals, cds are any written materials given to students. I respect the wishes of the dicruntled trader. Bravo! A man with ethics.

Stll loads of unaswered questions on old posts that have been ignored Aaron....I will not go back to dig them out but you should address them......And this morning I got an email from a guy/gal from the Elite forum Zoo thread found here http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62221&perpage=6&highlight=trading%20zoo&pagenumber=2 This person was "plugging" the zoo saying that NOW he could provide me with statements after I gave him my name and number and after I took the trial....I told him to post the statements or send me them first as I don't want to waste my time....strange that this comes a day or two after you make your offer of statements...I assume you guys got permission to supply statements from your partners? ...anyway could you be kind enough to pass along my email to the Zoo distributors and tell them not to contact me anymore...I am curious if you will be providing at least 6 months minimum statements and whose statements they will be...? I would hope it just wouldn't be one weeks worth after the trial is up..that would be lame........welcome back to reality..hope your trip went well

Bruce
Bruce,

Can't help you out with laotaoyin; I have no idea who this is or if it's a zoo member and I'm not going to try to find either one out.

Regarding statements, please see my last zoo post to clarify the matter.

Other than posting statements (which is more a request than a question) I thought I previously addressed all the questions that were directed to me so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you care to post them again, I'll do my best to answer if I can do so without jeopardizing my covenant with the Master; but I get the impression from subsequent posts that, other than yourself, pt, and day, no one cares.

I won't be back to reality as you put it until next week. Tanned, rested and a few pounds heavier (albeit with less dollars in my pocket), I'm almost ready to trade. In the meantime, I'll keep indulging myself here as long as I can.
Sorry but there are just too many unanswered questions and I understand why you won't go back and answer them....regarding the last zoo post you said this regarding statements....."That means the statements will not be posted on the forum. In addition, anyone who asks to receive them will be compelled to sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with respect to those statements." So here we go again AHK but my question still stands from my last post...will you be providing 6 months statements and whose will they be? Why do I need to repeat this...? LOL....let's not drag this out...just describe for us in detail the how, who, when and duration of the statements that will be provided....I know you're on vacation theoretically but stop dancing for a minute....and nail this down...lets not "jerk" the board around with this.....be as clear as possible so I won't even need to reply...And I'll take care of the Zoo members who are sending Viruses to my email myself.....
THE CONFIDENTIALITY PART OF YOUR STATEMENT POST MAKES IT SOUND AS IF " HEY IF THESE STATEMENTS SUCK I CAN'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT" SO WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE SO SECRET?....THAT'S ANOTHER QUESTION JUST FOR THE RECORD....AND YES SOME MAY THINK I AM HARSH.....ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM SHOUTING WITH CAP LOCKS O/N.....LOL
Bruce,

If you read the post carefully, you will find your answer. But since I'm in good spirits, I'll save you the hassle of re-reading. The statements will begin with trading as of 1/3/07. The reason for that is my account has non-zoo related trades and I don't want to have to blackout those trades and cause skepticism with respect to the accuracy of those statements. A new account will be opened which will only have ES trades I take from zoo. Obviously the length of time of those statements will depend on the time they are requested, but I will keep the starting date from the beginning of 2007. Therefore, if someone wants to see the statements at the end of February or June 2007 for example, they would see two and six months, respectively.

I guess I'm a lousy promoter and not much of a publicity seeker, hence the need for confidentiality or secrecy as you put it. But the offer is structured such that only those who are genuine in their interest and willing to have some skin in the game by taking the time to speak to me and take a trial (which I believe is in both parties best interest) get information that is very sensitive. To make an offer like this only to show stinky performance is counterintuitive and a huge waste of everyones time, but I'm confident the receiver won't be dissappointed, otherwise why would I bother?
well that will be cool AHK! I suggest that everyone should wait at least 6 months before taking the trial so they can see all those statements....and of course make sure any and all statements you receive from any vendor are reviewed by a neutral 3rd party and don't just take the brokers word....in this case I ASSume it would be Mirus futures as they are the ones that the tradingzoo.com room suggests to trial members...so don't rely on them only ....you will need at least one impartial review to make it legit if you are thinking of using this vendor or any other...ok nuff said on this...thanks for getting to those questions

Bruce
I've been silently observing this forum. thanks ahk, for doing the statements in 2007.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

well that will be cool AHK! I suggest that everyone should wait at least 6 months before taking the trial so they can see all those statements....and of course make sure any and all statements you receive from any vendor are reviewed by a neutral 3rd party and don't just take the brokers word....in this case I ASSume it would be Mirus futures as they are the ones that the tradingzoo.com room suggests to trial members...so don't rely on them only ....you will need at least one impartial review to make it legit if you are thinking of using this vendor or any other...ok nuff said on this...thanks for getting to those questions

Bruce

No problem Bruce. I would hope that anybody who receives statements directly from a broker would accept those as actual copies. I can't imagine a reputable broker engaging in a willful fraud when there is nothing to gain and everything to lose. At any rate, I'm not sure yet if the confidentiality agreement will allow for the sharing of the information with third parties who don't have a need to know.