Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Thanks myptofvu. So the "system" that you are currently trading is a hybrid of your own system learned to date and some elements of Tsunami if I have understood you correctly. What percentage would you say is yours and what percentage did you glean from the Tsunami system? 80/20?

Your more than welcome and yes you understand it correctly, but I don't know how to answer your question.

If I use Tsunami on MY predetermined trade to get a better fill what % would you give that? If I use Tsunami where I would have had no trade at all what % would you give that.

You see my problem in answering you?

Redsioux and Max,

First, thanx Max for the compliment on the handle I thought it was clever too and Red thanx for the 10:06 post, that was funnier than #^$& I'm still lmao.

However, I feel that my original message did not get through. I was urging Red and others to try and get the most out of their education, Tsunami has a lot to offer.

Max wrote that he cried for those that have lost money. You will hear those same cries from every trading room out there. We must face it that trading is not easy, only 10% become successful, and realize that no one can do it but you. I was not kidding about the number of hours I've logged in these rooms. I also have several friends that run these rooms and I know its not easy(no Blade is not one of them). I will go a step further and urge you to learn all that you can from any trader.

It's not reasonable to think that you can master what is the most lucrative career in the world in a few short months or by relying on someone else.

I want everyone that has the desire to trade to become successful. I'm sharing my own experiences to help those that want it. And the greatest thing I can offer is to LEARN WHAT YOU CAN AND APPLY IT.

Keep Growing as Traders
Well Blade is upset with me. He says I failed to point out that the one trade he called yesterday was a buy at the bottom that you could have held all day.

I am so sorry Blade. What could I have been thinking about?

Oh wait, maybe I was thinking about what you told all the people who paid you $6k. Things like "8-10 trades/day" or "you can come in anytime during the day and there will be trades for you to make your 4 pts" or the recent email where you said "forget about getting 4 pts/day, we are going to trade like Sue and make 16 pts/contract/day".

Or maybe I was thinking about the system sell called by johng after you left that was a loser. Looks to me like your system was only 50% yesterday.

Today was much like yesterday. Blade had a good buy close to the bottom. Then, johng had two losers using the sytem this afternoon. Is that worth $6.5k?

Myptofvu I agree with what you are saying about getting what you can from these rooms. But that is not how Blade markets his service. He told the trialers that they would "get rid of all their other stuff, they wouldn't need it once they knew how to ride the waves". Look at his website and see if what he is marketing bears any resemblance to what he is teaching now. I have no problem with him improving and adapting the system, but to charge $6k for it and then the only improvements are from the people who paid him to get in the room, there is something dreadfully wrong.

Like most of these "educators", I doubt that Blade ever made money trading. But he is a great salesman, sounds so sincere, and talks a great line. Maybe he should go to work on a used car lot.

Looks like I was pre-mature with my report today. Blade came back to the room just before market close.

I think he has finally figured out the way to help us all be successful traders. He is going to call all the trades in RETROSPECT!

When he went back over the day, and showed us where we could have bot and sold, instead of where he and johng called the trades in real time, he had 5 winners and only 1 loser! That is amazing Blade. How can we lose with calls like that?

Now all we have to do is get the Duke brothers back on the floor to get the machines turned back on and we will all be rich!
quote:
Originally posted by myptofvu

quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Thanks myptofvu. So the "system" that you are currently trading is a hybrid of your own system learned to date and some elements of Tsunami if I have understood you correctly. What percentage would you say is yours and what percentage did you glean from the Tsunami system? 80/20?

Your more than welcome and yes you understand it correctly, but I don't know how to answer your question.

If I use Tsunami on MY predetermined trade to get a better fill what % would you give that? If I use Tsunami where I would have had no trade at all what % would you give that.

You see my problem in answering you?

What I was asking is about your trading knowledge. If you take everything that you have learned to date as 100% of your trading knowledge and how you can apply that in the markets to make money, what percentage of everything you have learned has come from Tsunami?
quote:
Like most of these "educators", I doubt that Blade ever made money trading. But he is a great salesman, sounds so sincere, and talks a great line. Maybe he should go to work on a used car lot.

Maybe he could sell used Tsunami's! Great gas mileage...Room for four....Fun to drive....(lol)

Again I feel you're missing my point. My concern was not about Blade or Tsunami. Marketing is marketing. It's there to create sales. Trueism: NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL A SALE IS MADE. This holds true for all business.

My concern was about you. You can't be "learning all that you can" while continually finding the faults of a program, can you?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease listen to me and start each morning with WHAT CAN I LEARN TODAY. You'll be the greater trader for it.

WANTING YOU TO SUCCEED
myptofvu: I am curious to know, are you a profitable trader?
quote:
Originally posted by elite trader

myptofvu: I am curious to know, are you a profitable trader?

That depends on when you ask me. If you ask if I've recouped all the money I have put out learning to trade...The answer is NO.

If you ask, can I now trade daily with more wins than losses I'll answer YES.

Could you trade profitably now without the knowledge that you learned at Tsunami? How much more profitable are you with that knowledge?
I think we have been honored with the legend himself.

Myptofvu is so concerned with my attitude toward Tsunami Trading, and not with addressing any of the facts presented about this "education service" that I do believe that Blade and myptofvu must be the same person.

Welcome to the forum Blade.
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k