Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

I am only occasionally in the Tsunami Trading room however I noticed today (01/17/07) that Tsunami did quite well in their trading. They had 6 winning trades out of 8 trades called. That is a 75% win rate for the day and they closed up at 2.75 points per contract. That’s almost 3 points. Not a bad day at all in my opinion especially for such a choppy market as there was today. It would have been tough for any system to call successful trades today.

In my own personal trading I also did quite well using the Tsunami system. I noticed several other members posted they had a profitable day as well. I believe if any member will apply him or herself and use the techniques taught they can easily be profitable most days.
quote:
Originally posted by GreenPursuit

I am only occasionally in the Tsunami Trading room however I noticed today (01/17/07) that Tsunami did quite well in their trading. They had 6 winning trades out of 8 trades called. That is a 75% win rate for the day and they closed up at 2.75 points per contract. That’s almost 3 points. Not a bad day at all in my opinion especially for such a choppy market as there was today. It would have been tough for any system to call successful trades today.

In my own personal trading I also did quite well using the Tsunami system. I noticed several other members posted they had a profitable day as well. I believe if any member will apply him or herself and use the techniques taught they can easily be profitable most days.

I was not able to be in the Tsunami room this week so I missed a really unusual day it sounds like. I did get a very detailed re-cap from several members.

Green, I agree that yesterday was an OUTSTANDING day for Tsunami, compared to his normal pitiful day. But before I paid $6K to Blade, he stated repeatedly that most of the time "we make our 4pts/ct/day by 10:00 or 11:00 and then just take the rest of the day off". In fact (since you claim you are only there occassionaly you wouldn't know this) I was told that Blade was crowing yesterday morning after the first 3 trades that he "would be shutting down early as soon as he got his 4".

Well, Blade left at noon, to no one's suprise, and johng took over. Between the 2 of them, they never did make their 4 pts/ct. As for making 2.75 pts on 8 trades, that is less than $100/ct after commissions. That would be acceptable (despite the outrageous numbers Blade predicted we would make) if Tsunmai came anywhere close to averaging that. But as reported here everyday, it is the exception and not the rule.

Green, I repeat my request of you. Teach Blade or us how to trade the system. Coming in here with claims of doing very well mean nothing. As scratched pointed out, people who post # of pts made or chings with out posting entries in real time are of no help, they only arouse suspicion. Blade claims we are a family, so why won't you share in the room?

The big giveaway that Tsunami is a scam is how Blade changes strategy so much. Yesterday he finally got lucky in that the strategy of the day matched the market movement. But if he had truly traded his system successfuly for the number of years he claims, he would'nt be making MAJOR changes with the frequency he does.

Hopefully the number of room members will continue shrinking and he will just go away. But, it looks like TradeMaven is hell bent on sending him more lambs for the slaughter. I don't know how long it will take the CFTC to act, but with at least 3 complaints filed they should eventually get around to it.
Blade gave a very passionate lecture this morning about the importance of being positive. He told everyone he would require only positive posts in the room, anyone being negative would be bounced and not allowed back. It is interesting that this lecture came just before the room opened up to a number trialers that TradeMaven had invited to observe how great the Tsunami system is.

I thought that after the small profit he had yesterday, he would stick with the same strategy, but evidently he can't stand success. He changed from AIAO for a point, back to holding runners. After a terrible morning, Blade finally gave up and had johng take over, and he switched strategy back again. It turned out it didn't make any difference which strategy they used today, they were always on wrong side of the market.

For the day, there were 10 official trades. 8 losers and 2 winners. 1 lot traders lost 5.25 pts plus commissions, 2 lot traders lost 11 pts plus commissions.

But not to worry. I am sure green pursuit and prl made money today. Of course, one member kept asking if they were there, and no response. Some members did post a few winning trades, but with one small exception, only exits, nobody posted entries in real time.

Even after calling 4 losing trades in a row, Blade had a good excuse. "If I had been short, I would not have taken all those buys". Well Blade, why were you short? Don't you have "the keys to the kingdom"? He told the trialers his members were making money. But Blade, didn't you say with your software we would "all see the trades exactly the same"?

I hope these trialers didn't buy his line "we usually do make money every day". As reported here, that is just not true.
After reading 5 new pages of posts it is evident to me that Blade stops in to defend his scam.

Hey Blade you're going to get caught..it's just a matter of time.

It is just a matter of time. They always get caught. If you profile what Blade is doing you can see that A. he has run this type of scam before and B. He has been caught before. This is why he is so careful with what he allows members to do and why he hides his identity and and company details. If you look through the CFTC reports you will find that his name is already in there but just that we can not yet match his name in those reports to the nickname that he is currently using: Blade. As doggoneripoff said: It is just a matter of time.
quote:
Originally posted by moneytec

It is just a matter of time. They always get caught. If you profile what Blade is doing you can see that A. he has run this type of scam before and B. He has been caught before. This is why he is so careful with what he allows members to do and why he hides his identity and and company details. If you look through the CFTC reports you will find that his name is already in there but just that we can not yet match his name in those reports to the nickname that he is currently using: Blade. As doggoneripoff said: It is just a matter of time.

Hard to believe Blade would use the same handle he once used when running into the regulators.
I guess I am naive
Friday I observed an exchange between a member and Blade that was unbelievable. The member asked Balde of his claimed "3 winners and 1 loser" from Thursday after Redsioux's reported 2 winners and 8 losers. After an admonition by Blade to never mention this forum or RedSioux again, Balde admitted his report of "3 winners and 1 loser" was in fact a not the truth, and he was "joshing".

Blade, just how low will you go?
quote:
Originally posted by scratched

I guess I am naive
Friday I observed an exchange between a member and Blade that was unbelievable. The member asked Balde of his claimed "3 winners and 1 loser" from Thursday after Redsioux's reported 2 winners and 8 losers. After an admonition by Blade to never mention this forum or RedSioux again, Balde admitted his report of "3 winners and 1 loser" was in fact a not the truth, and he was "joshing".

Blade, just how low will you go?

What is the average number of members showing up on a daily basis these days?
I have not been in Tsunami room this week, but just in case someone who finds their way here is considering joining, ask yourself the following:

1. Blade will know your true identity, you will not know his, why does he have to keep his a secret if indeed he is honest?

2. Even after you are a paid member, you will not be allowed to PM any member, share phone #'s or emails. What does he fear in allowing you to talk to other members?

3. Your agreement with Tsunami says you will never say anything negative about Tsunami to any third party. Why does that need to be in the agreement? Why would you have anything negative to say about a system he claims is the holy grail? Even the federal government extends "whistle blower" protection to its employees.

4. Your agreement with Tsunami says you should not assume that anything said or printed at website or in the room should be considered truthful or presented in good faith. Do you really want to send $6.5k to somebody who tells you in advance he is not acting in good faith?

5. Can Trademaven offer any evidence that he has traded his system profitably for 20 consecutive days, as he requires you to do before trading live? You cannot trust TM, so don't take their word, ask for the proof they supposedly based their intensive research on. They could not provide it to me.
quote:
Originally posted by redsioux

5. Can Trademaven offer any evidence that he has traded his system profitably for 20 consecutive days, as he requires you to do before trading live? You cannot trust TM, so don't take their word, ask for the proof they supposedly based their intensive research on. They could not provide it to me.

How did you approach Trade Maven? What was their exact response?
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k