Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

I know because I make it my business to know. There is no commission or revenue sharing between Tsunami and TradeMaven.
False weights and balances.

Another day goes by and you think "I can't get caught." Ah Ha!!! Even now forces are in motion compiling the evidence. Behold moths are in your closet and rust is on your doors. Your time has come, your harvest is about to spring forth, the gavel has been slammed down. It's over It's over for the wave of deceptions.
quote:
Originally posted by doggoneripoff

Another day goes by and you think "I can't get caught." Ah Ha!!! Even now forces are in motion compiling the evidence. Behold moths are in your closet and rust is on your doors. Your time has come, your harvest is about to spring forth, the gavel has been slammed down. It's over It's over for the wave of deceptions.

Very poetic (as in poetic justice).
quote:
Originally posted by doggoneripoff

Doggone,

Don't know what you meant but I liked it. Just don't go smoking that stuff while you're trading.

Your Friend
quote:
Originally posted by mahavishnu

I know because I make it my business to know. There is no commission or revenue sharing between Tsunami and TradeMaven.

If that was the case their would be no need for the NFA or CFTC to be involved. If it "your business to know" why did they promote Tsunami in the first place? What was Trademaven getting out of it?
Commissions - Commissions is what TM got out of the arrangement. New Tsunami members HAD to use TM in order to get the Tsunami software. So, TM got new clients every time Tsunami got a new customer. They were scratching each other's back. TM promoted Tsunami and Tsunami directed customers to TM as the only broker with Tsunami software.
That is indeed very interesting that TM dropped the reference to Tsunami from their educational partners page. Very telling.
ican, I stated before TradeMaven is under investigation by the regulators. I have an information source from within--a deepthroat if you will. There was no revenue sharing among Tsunami and TradeMaven, but if you wanted to join Tsunami you had to use TradeMaven to get the signals and software thereby generating commissions for TradeMaven.

TradeMaven also agreed to provide a certain number of leads each month and guarantee a fixed amount of new members.
mahavishnu, yes, I was a Tsunami/TM victim so aware of some arrangements. I think your post was likely directed to windybob and not to me. See my post above at 15:38 on 02/09. The CFTC should be investigating Tsunami also. Do you know if they are? Thanks.
Well now Blade is saying that he will evaluate the e-mini Russell because the ES hasn't been performing. And looking at different time intervals too. He can't decide which trade management approach to use - just scalp or let some contracts run. All this from a system that claims to be good for any market and any time frame with the epitome of money management. STAY AWAY!
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k