The Trading Zoo

I've started this topic because I am under the impression that ahk works with The Trading Zoo and he is active on this forum and may be able to provide information and comments about this service.

I believe that it will be constructive to have a topic/thread dedicated to The Trading Zoo so that the merits of this service can be discussed in isolation to the other topics which have collectively dealt with several trading services in the same topic including The Trading Zoo.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Afterthought,

You as an outsider do not know the setups nor have been trained to trade Zoo methods. Calls are made based on setups which all members understand and have been taught; not a random number generator or a coin toss machine. The idea is inane.

I didn't say that the trades were randomly generated. What I was referring to was a Classic Scam that could produce similar results to the Zoo's.

So the question on everyone's mind is: Was the last week (i.e. the free trial week) representative of what traders should expect to make during each week with the Zoo or was that week a fluke?

How do we best answer that question for the benefit of the Zoo? You obviously want more people to join the Zoo so you want them to believe (if it is true) that this is the sort of result that people can expect each week. How do you convince them of this?

The issue is here, in this forum, in the minds of a few members and yourself. I suppose if the Zoo were to see a lot of prospective members insist on statements or have them walk away, something might be done to address that, but that has not hardly been the case up to this point. I guess that's because the results of last week are fairly typical--at least as long as I've been a member.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

That's all I was trying to get at so thanks Daytrading...seems like he wants to make this personal again...Very strange...I thought I was actually helping them. I thought it would be a great opportunity for both the Zoo and Blue Falcon.....I don't visit the thread mentioned below nor will I be involved in any "attacks" on me.....so lets bring the focus back to The Trading Zoo here and leave me out of it...I would appreciate it....lets stay on topic

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Consider this a heads up BruceM.

I said before if you think you can defame, slander and libel a USA company with the willful intent of harming its business, you might be in for a rude awakening. I will post more on this in a day or so in a reply to DT's last post in the Challenge section.

You are mistaken. This isn't personal, it's strictly business.
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

...I guess that's because the results of last week are fairly typical--at least as long as I've been a member.

You have only been a member for a short while though and so you do not know how the system has done in the past.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

...I guess that's because the results of last week are fairly typical--at least as long as I've been a member.

You have only been a member for a short while though and so you do not know how the system has done in the past.

I've been a member for 4 months. Do you think 4 months of superior performance is a fluke or random? And where are the detractors on this or any other Internet site to bitch and moan about how they got sucked in by witnessing a week of terrifc trades only to find out after they joined it was a fluke and the methods are no better than a coin tosser?

Listen, as much as I like typing and debating, I'm getting tired of being put on the defensive and covering old ground.

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. And for those of you who were in the room last week and took the calls max posted for real, not hypothetical, money, I'm happy you made a few bucks.
I have an idea that may resolve this. If there is anybody who wants to join the Trading Zoo and is in any doubt about the authenticity of the trades they can send Aaron Kelly and Sam Braun seperate emails listing the trades that each of them took and ask them to confirm by return email or letter that these trades were actually taken and were not hypothetical or simulated trades. In the case where a number of contracts was quoted that could also be included.

This is what the CFTC is trying to get at with many of the rulings that they make. They want the vendors to differentiate between paper trades and actual trades in order not to mislead buyers of the systems.

Aaron: What do you think of this idea?
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

I've been a member for 4 months. Do you think 4 months of superior performance is a fluke or random?

I've back tested trading systems that turned out to be dogs in the long run but had winning streaks of 16 months during some time period of the test.
quote:

I have an idea that may resolve this. If there is anybody who wants to join the Trading Zoo and is in any doubt about the authenticity of the trades they can send Aaron Kelly and Sam Braun seperate emails listing the trades that each of them took and ask them to confirm by return email or letter that these trades were actually taken and were not hypothetical or simulated trades. In the case where a number of contracts was quoted that could also be included.

This is what the CFTC is trying to get at with many of the rulings that they make. They want the vendors to differentiate between paper trades and actual trades in order not to mislead buyers of the systems.

Aaron: What do you think of this idea?

Sorry about the blank reply (mouse slipped) please delete it.

Can you be more specific? What trades are you referring to? Sounds like you're representing the CFTC. Are you?

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Sold 38.75 this a.m. First time ever I'm holding entire position overnight, because this looks very compelling.

From earlier in this thread
Dated 01/02/2007 6:36am
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

I've been a member for 4 months. Do you think 4 months of superior performance is a fluke or random?

I've back tested trading systems that turned out to be dogs in the long run but had winning streaks of 16 months during some time period of the test.

That's interesting. What system was that and where can we check it out?
quote:
Originally posted by max

official calls made and taken by the guru. 8 lot es contracts per position.

1/12/07
trade #1
b (8) 1431.00
s (4) 1432.00
s (4) 1430.00

trade #2
s (8) 1439.00
b (8) 1438.00
b (8) 1437.00

<< edited by day trading - see subsequent postings >>

Daily Summary for the official trades called Friday in the Trading Zoo....

total trades = 2

total number of contracts per trade = 8

total contracts = 2 trades * 8 contracts/trade = 16 contracts

number of wins on 1st target = 1
number of wins on 2nd target = 1
number of wins on 3rd target = 0
number of wins on 4th target = 0
number of break-even trades = 1
number of losing trades = 0

% wins on 1st target = 50 %
% wins on 2nd target = 50 %
% wins on 3rd target = 0 %
% wins on 4th target = 0 %
% break-even = 50 %
% stop-loss = 0 %

Total ES ticks Gained 1st target: 4 contracts * 4 ticks = 16 ticks
Total ES ticks Gained 2nd target: 8 contracts * 8 ticks = 64 ticks
Total ES ticks Gained 3rd target: 0 ticks
Total ES ticks Gained 4th target: 0 ticks

Total ES ticks Profit = total 1st target + total 2nd target + total 3rd target + total 4th target
= 16 ticks + 64 ticks + 0 ticks + 0 ticks
= 80 ES ticks

Total ES ticks Lost: 4 contracts * 4 ticks = 16 ES ticks

Gross win/loss ratio = Total Profit / Total Loss = 80 ticks / 16 ticks = 5.0

Gross profit or loss = 80 ticks - 16 ticks = + 64 ES ticks

Avg. profit per contract = total gross profit / total number of contracts
= 64 ticks / 16 contracts = 4.0 ES ticks per contract

Avg. loss per contract = total gross loss / total number of contracts
= 16 ticks / 16 contracts = 1.0 ES ticks per contract
For what it's worth, I was an original Trading Zoo student. Sam Baum's system was dangerous, all counter-trend with short profit targets with larger invisible stops.

A few of us students started out own Skype room to ignore the teacher's setups but rather take in his priceless information regarding the e-mini, which alone was worth the $6,000 as I gained a true understanding of how to read and trade ANY liquid market. I think one of the traders using our new modified trend setups with trailing stops actually sent someone his trading statements to someone on another forum years ago which shut the naysayer up quick.

Anyways, Trading Zoo is back but run by some of the traders who have been successful for over the past 6 years using our modified system.
I want to personally promote this because of all the original TradingZoo did for me.