The Trading Zoo

I've started this topic because I am under the impression that ahk works with The Trading Zoo and he is active on this forum and may be able to provide information and comments about this service.

I believe that it will be constructive to have a topic/thread dedicated to The Trading Zoo so that the merits of this service can be discussed in isolation to the other topics which have collectively dealt with several trading services in the same topic including The Trading Zoo.
quote:
Originally posted by bill

And it also seems as though the price increase makes the service more competitive...

I thought that a price decrease made products more competitive? How does a price increase make a product more competitive? Surely it is now less competitive?

To make the money back guarantee worth anything then the money needs to be held in escrow during the money back period. It also needs to be conditionless as BruceM pointed out.

A fairer way to compensate a vendor would be through a percentage of realized profits. This is a fairly difficult implementation though.

Another way is to keep the vendor's room at a fixed size and have a bidding system to be in the room for a week.

The problem with vendors is that the majority of them appear to be scams and those that do not appear to be scams have never been able to provide any proof of profitability. They have been ask countless times to come forward with proof but nobody has ever been able to do that.

As time drags on and nobody has managed to fulfill their promises made at the beginning of the year about showing us profitable results I have to agree with BruceM.

You are invited to shut us up by showing us profitable statements. It's an open invitation to humiliate us...
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

quote:
Originally posted by bill

And it also seems as though the price increase makes the service more competitive...

I thought that a price decrease made products more competitive? How does a price increase make a product more competitive? Surely it is now less competitive?

To make the money back guarantee worth anything then the money needs to be held in escrow during the money back period. It also needs to be conditionless as BruceM pointed out.

A fairer way to compensate a vendor would be through a percentage of realized profits. This is a fairly difficult implementation though.

Another way is to keep the vendor's room at a fixed size and have a bidding system to be in the room for a week.

The problem with vendors is that the majority of them appear to be scams and those that do not appear to be scams have never been able to provide any proof of profitability. They have been ask countless times to come forward with proof but nobody has ever been able to do that.

As time drags on and nobody has managed to fulfill their promises made at the beginning of the year about showing us profitable results I have to agree with BruceM.

You are invited to shut us up by showing us profitable statements. It's an open invitation to humiliate us...

I guess I wasn't clear about competitive. What I meant to say was the price was now more inline with the general range of others offering similiar services. And the fact that daytrading's effort to get a $500 discount to forum members failed, tells me that TradingZoo is not feeling price pressure to enroll new students.

Putting the money in escrow is reasonable, but an unconditional guarantee is unfair to the vendor and gives him no protection against tire kickers and those who will take another's methods and then decide not to pay. A pay for performance guarantee makes sense except it can't be the performance of the buyer, since the vendor can't control the buyer's trades. So, a fair middle ground would be that the system has to perform as taught and traded by the teacher. Since the Performance section is based on 32 contracts (which is what I understand Mr Baum trades), those trades may in fact be his, but it's not clear.

There is always a battle between those who insists on statements and those who don't. Skeptics abound in this business and rightfully so, but vendors are probably doing fine without meeting their requests and it's doubtful whether posting actual statements would have a meaningful impact on new applicants, especially those who have no bona fide interest in joining anyway regardless of the results.

daytrading, who made promises to post their statements on this forum? I read ahk promised to provide them to people he was in contact with, but I must have missed the post where he said the statements would be made public. Please post whatever you have that supports your remark.

Bruce, as you can read from my diary, I'm holding my own without spending $6,000 for lessons.
bill:

The problems are as follows:

The IP addresses that are being logged against your name are the same IP addresses that a bunch of shills have used on this forum for promoting this vendor. I assume therefore that you are one of those shills returned with a new name and email address.

Your trading diary is meaningless as a platform for proving your profitability unless you either (1) call the trades before you take them and they are timestamped as such or you (2) provide the methodology that you are using so that someone else could work out ahead of time when and where you would take a trade without you posting it.

Your intimate knowledge of this forum and ahk's promise indicates that you have been a member of this forum before and have had to return with a new username.

Anybody can get the Trading Zoo $500 discount. Just become a salesman for them and sell yourself the course. It's as easy as that.
I'm afraid you have me confused with other people. I have never logged on to this forum under any aliases in the past. IP addresses can show up for many users who choose to remain anonymous--that's no secret and I'm sure you can attest to that. There are many anonymizer tools available on the Internet. And my intimate knowledge comes from simply reading the posts that are here for all to see and read.

I'm not here to sell anything, so my diary is worthless. It is really here for entertainment value and nothing more. However, I'd be delighted to enter one of the trading contests that have been bandied about here so often but never seem to take place and I would back up my trades with statements. But I have no interest in doing one for kicks or braggers rights, only a cash prize. The challenge is finding someone to view those statements who has no ax to grind and has no interest in this forum. But I get your not so subtle message and won't be posting the diary anymore. No problem nor offense. It's no skin off my back.

How do you know anyone can get a $500 discount from the TradingZoo if you couldn't get one for others? Are you speaking from experience or am I missing something again?

p.s. Can we stay on topic here? This isn't about me, it the TradingZoo right?

bill: Have you taken the Trading Zoo course or do you intend to take it?
There's a Trading Contest here that is being managed by a broker. There are cash prizes of $1,000, $500, and $250. Why don't you enter that and report your results to us based on that?
Nicely done DT. These guys are jokers. "Bills" trading journal was the first tip off to me. Why have a journal online if you can't have others critique the entires, exits or your discipline in following a plan? Perhaps someday when they grow up and mature they'll actually trade and post some statements. Till then we'll keep waiting.....

quote:
Originally posted by day trading

bill:

The problems are as follows:

The IP addresses that are being logged against your name are the same IP addresses that a bunch of shills have used on this forum for promoting this vendor. I assume therefore that you are one of those shills returned with a new name and email address.

Your trading diary is meaningless as a platform for proving your profitability unless you either (1) call the trades before you take them and they are timestamped as such or you (2) provide the methodology that you are using so that someone else could work out ahead of time when and where you would take a trade without you posting it.

Your intimate knowledge of this forum and ahk's promise indicates that you have been a member of this forum before and have had to return with a new username.

Anybody can get the Trading Zoo $500 discount. Just become a salesman for them and sell yourself the course. It's as easy as that.

I have asked Barry "Aaron" to provide me with statements and he denied.
Did Barry give a reason for not being able to supply you with the statements?
No, he told me that I should ask Sam Braun for his statements. I'm really tired of all the vendors out there and most don't even trade like the last vendor I signed up.
For what it's worth, I was an original Trading Zoo student. Sam Baum's system was dangerous, all counter-trend with short profit targets with larger invisible stops.

A few of us students started out own Skype room to ignore the teacher's setups but rather take in his priceless information regarding the e-mini, which alone was worth the $6,000 as I gained a true understanding of how to read and trade ANY liquid market. I think one of the traders using our new modified trend setups with trailing stops actually sent someone his trading statements to someone on another forum years ago which shut the naysayer up quick.

Anyways, Trading Zoo is back but run by some of the traders who have been successful for over the past 6 years using our modified system.
I want to personally promote this because of all the original TradingZoo did for me.