Trading Statements, Do They Provide Value?

Let the debate begin!
The cut and paste was done to keep your thread "clean". I don't think it is necessary to mention a particular vendor in this thread as you did to get the point across. I think any claim made by a vendor needs to be backed up...and peformance obviously is a big one.
quote:
Congratulations on your cut-n-paste mastery. Undisputed backup refrerred to performance claims. Kindly quote the entire remark in fairness to the reader. Thank you.
How would you define yourself? You say you get a referal fee from your guru. Weren't you a customer of this Guru at some point in time?

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

quote:
Originally posted by moneytec

Why do customers want to see them? Why do vendors not want to supply them?

I don't have the answers since I'm neither a customer nor vendor. Why not take a stab at anwsering your questions? Thank you very much.

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

How would you define yourself? You say you get a referal fee from your guru. Weren't you a customer of this Guru at some point in time?

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

quote:

Why do customers want to see them? Why do vendors not want to supply them?

I don't have the answers since I'm neither a customer nor vendor. Why not take a stab at anwsering your questions? Thank you very much.

I was once a customer but I never needed statements to satisfy myself that the guru was the real deal; and although I have received referral fees, I don't think that qualifies me as a vendor.

I consider myself a student of the market.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

The cut and paste was done to keep your thread "clean". I don't think it is necessary to mention a particular vendor in this thread as you did to get the point across. I think any claim made by a vendor needs to be backed up...and peformance obviously is a big one.
quote:
Congratulations on your cut-n-paste mastery. Undisputed backup refrerred to performance claims. Kindly quote the entire remark in fairness to the reader. Thank you.

Other than stated performance numbers which should be verifiable, I don't know how other "claims" can be backed up. But if I had any pearls of wisdom for prospective students/traders, it would be to speak with as many members, new and old, about their experiences and whether they received what was represented by the service. And referrals from satisfied students are the strongest form of affirmation.

But keep in mind that no matter how thorough the due dligence, success or failure ultimately lies with the student. The old saying "you can take a horse to water but not make him drink" is very apropos in trading.

ahk, you say "referrals from satisfied students are the strongest form of affirmation" but referrals by yourself are compensated in the form of commissions according to accounts from you on this forum.
quote:

ahk, you say "referrals from satisfied students are the strongest form of affirmation" but referrals by yourself are compensated in the form of commissions according to accounts from you on this forum.

If that causes one to be skeptical then opinions from other students should aggressively be sought as well. Conduct as much due diligence as possible before making a final decision.

So far, everyone who came through me has expressed satisfaction with their decision. Knock on wood.
I received trading statements and broker confirmation from a service operator who will remain anonymous, and the results were outstanding for well over a year. And so I paid a hefty fee for her service.

Unfortunately, my trading results were a far cry from hers. For me, the statements only confirmed she was a great trader but I could not emulate her.
Did you execute the same trades as her in real time? And the next question is: Did you see her trading statements over the period that you were trying to emulate her?

What I am really asking is why could you not emulate her? What was it that prevented you from performing like she did?
Why do you want her to remain anonymous? It would be a great benefit for all of us if you gave us the facts. This sort of statement that big dike trader is making is absolutely useless and without foundation. This is the sort of thing that a vendor would come onto this forum and post. A vendor that wanted to discredit the usefulness of statements because he/she does not want to provide statements to buyers of their system.

Tell us how this trader did over the period you were with her and tell us why you could not emulate her. I know that you will not be able to do that because you are just another shill working for the system vending industry. Give us the hard facts. It is no good posting trash like you are posting now. Get real big dike trader.
I agree - without any supporting documentation you should ignore big dike trader's comments. It is very unlikely that what he/she is saying is true.
Here is the new topic that DayWalker created: Why vendors don't supply trading statements?