Are you winning enough to support yourself?

This is meant to take felix's "Are you winning" thread to the next level. The quantity of replies there led me to believe very few people are winning (with real money). Those who are (and yet in hiding) might be doing well enough to make trading the sole source of income to live comfortably. And yet those may be the same ones we never hear from.

If we want to learn to become winners, a surefire way is to learn from those you have been there, done that. So this is an opportunity for those charitable types to come forward and give the hungry birds some food to nibble.
Last knight I was thinking of starting the same kind of topic and you beat me to it oh well thanks. this ought to be a good one.
This one might turn out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wonder what odds the Vegas linemakers would give us to get more than 2 real traders to post here. Problem in cyberspace is you never know who is real.
DayWalker: You got one 1 of 2, consider yourself lucky. Don't count on anyone else. No disrespect to the people who operate this site, but professionals don't need to participate in chat rooms full of amateurs.

A more interesting question is what odds would I have to lay against you ever learning how to trade like a pro? I'd take that bet up to 1000 to 1 without hesitation.

T Rex
quote:
Originanolly posted by DayWalker

This one might turn out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wonder what odds the Vegas linemakers would give us to get more than 2 real traders to post here. Problem in cyberspace is you never know who is real.

Real traders yes their got to be some.>>>> making a living out of trading????? Even if as simple as YES or NO posting will do for me..
I have become successful beyond my wildest dreams following some simple rules:

1. Always stand while reading the ticker tape, it helps keep you alert and your humors in balance.

2. I employ 6 to 8 board men in my office to constantly update the stocks I am following on a chalkboard in realtime, they have phone lines or telegraphs down to the various posts at the Exchanges, including railroads, shipbuilders, steel, coal mining, and the grain pits in Kansas City and Chicago. I employ only men of good Puritan stock for these positions......the Irish work cheaper, but are prone to strong drink and foul coarse language.

3. I arrive at my office by motor carriage by 9:30 AM sharp Monday through Friday, giving me a half hour before the market opens to gather my thoughts. I leave at 3 PM sharp at the close at prefer to do my additional work at home in peace. On Saturdays I arrive at 9:30 for the 10 til noon session. Afterwards I review my trades from the previous week.

4. After a series of wins I like to treat myself to a new monocle, pocketwatch, or some other small, but luxurious item.

5. After a series of losses I find a Brain Tonic of some sort and some Laudlum helps to clear my head.

6. Never trade when you are preoccupied, last year when my wife had a case of Lung Fever, I suffered devastating losses.
On the bright side though my wealth allows me to purchase various lung tonics and vigor restorativesnot available to the masses which restored her health nicely.

I hope this helps.

Adam Smith?
monocle?