T-Rex and DayWalker questions..

I didn't want to bring a "cancer" to the other threads going on so I started this one so you two can slug it out and I can be inquisitive. Could one or both of you tell us more about your "History" together? It seems that Daywalker has watched T-rex trade from his million dollar condo if I read the post correctly and I'm curious where this happened and what went "wrong" between you two. There is hostility there and also Daywalker is asking about trade setups which reminds me of MAX when he first arrived here at the forum. Also T-rex is saying that sucessful traders don't go to chat rooms so I was wondering what room he is refering too and why was he in there given the fact that DayWalker said he made his living from trading. Just didn't make sense to me...thanks for engaging me here.

Bruce
It's always a pleasure to read your posts TippyTom. For an Albanian your command of English is superb
quote:
Originally posted by TippyTom

T-Rex....here is what I have seen....

A guy claims he is not involved in any way with any vendor who then admits to being a salesman for him. Then he claimed to have made some trades, but when it was pointed out that by not pointing out these were hypothetical trades in his role as salesman, if they were not real trades, he may have violated the law. He danced and danced around that, and finally the moderator threw him out.

We had a guy claiming to audit several vendors, who at first seemed OK, but it seemed that he had a certain agenda, and I believe BruceM somehow found out he wasn't even in the room during the trials, he was reporting things 3rd hand. I do not know if the ultimate results were valid or not, but something was up and then he got banned.

Then we had the wave of "I met a very successful trader" posts or "I looked over the shoulder of a successful trader" posts......that is what I was sort of making fun of. We had the tape reader who ultimately could not explain tape reading, then we had your pal Daywalker. Again with the "I met a very successful trader bit..........there is a remarkable sameness in these posts, the content and even the phrasing. The one guy was so obviously a phony in his attempt to pretend to be something else it was laughable.

Is it just coincidence that every time the moderator boots someone another whacko just seems to pop up? Could be. I'm not an expert in probabilities If you read my posts you may notice that I tend to use certain words or spell certain words incorrectly, who knows. I have noticed certain things about some of these multiple posters that leads be to believe they are the same person. I admit I could be wrong, but there is something going on here. Maybe someone just likes to see how far they can push before BruceM freaks out again. I don't know.

Perhaps you are what you say you are and had the unfortunate luck to be involved with a crazy who started posting on this board.....but how did you find out? A mutual acquaintance told me. I do not recall seeing you here before. Maybe I missed something. I do find these threads amusing, but I admit I do not read everyone.

If you are who you say you are then why are you here? My purpose was to bust DayWalker, so I have overstayed my mission. Do you have something to offer us? After reading many of these threads, I was shocked by the conventional wisdom about charts and indicators. I and most other professionals know they don't work, yet no one had stepped up to say that. I think that's a travesty to let aspiring traders believe in the tooth fairy and end up losing their money because of it. So if I have prevented a few people from experimenting with cash on these "tools" than yes, I have made a positive contribution just like exposing a trading chat scam or bogus vendor. And speaking of bogus vendors, I'm also alarmed so many are advertised here. I fail to see how that advertising helps "the trading community" meaning this forum. If I post trades will you critique my performance? That might be difficult not knowing your methods. Do you mean critique with my methods? Will you let us know what you are doing? Today 3 trades and I'm done: l 56.50, s 57.50; s 57.75, b 56.75; and b 55.75, s 56.75 I do not mean real time per se, but something like Bruce does. Will you tell us if you are trading real money, how nmany contracts, etc? I traded 24 contracts/trade.

So far I have seen only your comments about indicators, which I am in agreement with, and your back and forth with Bruce, but not much else. It makes me wonder then what your motives are.

You said you refused to teach Daywalker, which leads me to think you teach somebody......do you do this for free? On occasion. Are you an old school guy who will train and bankroll guys like they used to do on the floor? No. Do you charge a fee for training? Currently, no. Are you running some sort of prop trading firm? No. Do you teach anybody or was this just something Daywalker made up? I've taught 2 people.

I don't really care if people make money being trading mentors/trainers or whatever, I just think people should be up front about it. In the old days you had to get yourself hired onto a desk or have someone take you under his wing on the floor...............maybe times have changed and it is legit to pay someone to teach you. That is fine. It just seems like there are more and more guys popping up with less then spectacular abilities.

Perhaps telling us what you are about would settle this, otherwise I do not see why you would waste your time here.....either you want to bring something to the forum that is constructive or you are ultimately trying to peddle something in an underhanded way. I might goof around, but ultimately I don't care....BruceM however goes at this board with a religious zeal, I don't get it, but whatever. If you are straight up with people here, I don't think anyone is going to attack you. Maybe you just haven't been around, but the tone of your posts suggests you are one of "them". I will be the first in line to apologize if I was wrong about you.

Perhaps also you view my participation in this forum as an endorsement for the people who advertise on the banner ads on this site, I assure you that is not the case.

Interested to hear your thoughts..........I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and I have laid my cards on the table. My gut tells me you will reply with a bunch of gibberish about privacy, I am loser, you don't have time for this, etc. I am hoping though that maybe you just got off on the wrong foot, we misjudged you, and you can set us all straight.

To all of you who have emailed me asking if I'll consider taking you on as a trading apprentice: The short answer is no, not at this time. Teaching is a difficult and time consuming endeavor. It also requires a major commitment of time, effort and dedication from the student. How bad do you want it?

Anyone who believes they are truly committed to doing whatever it takes to become a professional trader should put their thoughts down on paper and make a case why someone like myself should consider teaching you. Those who do should expect to be rejected nonetheless.

T Rex
quote:
Originally posted by T Rex

To all of you who have emailed me asking if I'll consider taking you on as a trading apprentice: The short answer is no, not at this time. Teaching is a difficult and time consuming endeavor. It also requires a major commitment of time, effort and dedication from the student. How bad do you want it?

Anyone who believes they are truly committed to doing whatever it takes to become a professional trader should put their thoughts down on paper and make a case why someone like myself should consider teaching you. Those who do should expect to be rejected nonetheless.

T Rex

Thanks for the humor, T
felix: You're welcome.

T Rex
TippyTom: This is my follow up on your comments not directly related to me but that I found interesting. Part II if you will.

quote:
Originally posted by TippyTom

T-Rex....here is what I have seen....

A guy claims he is not involved in any way with any vendor who then admits to being a salesman for him. Then he claimed to have made some trades, but when it was pointed out that by not pointing out these were hypothetical trades in his role as salesman, if they were not real trades, he may have violated the law. Felony or misdemeanor? He danced and danced around that, and finally the moderator threw him out.

We had a guy claiming to audit several vendors, who at first seemed OK, but it seemed that he had a certain agenda, and I believe BruceM somehow found out he wasn't even in the room during the trials, he was reporting things 3rd hand. I do not know if the ultimate results were valid or not, but something was up and then he got banned. I assume this is max, the man who never used caps. I read the entire topic. Here's my takeaway: BruceM's correlation is not a causation and illustrating connections does not prove motivation.

Then we had the wave of "I met a very successful trader" posts or "I looked over the shoulder of a successful trader" posts......that is what I was sort of making fun of. We had the tape reader who ultimately could not explain tape reading, then we had your pal Daywalker. Tape reading should be easy to explain, but difficult to express its application in trading. It's not like peering at a chart with fib extensions and saying A minus B equal C. I consider myself a student of price action and don't think I'd be able to easily put into writing what I witnessed in real time to put on a trade. It could be done but its a hassle to post the time/sales and explain what was going through my mind as I watched each trade cross the tape Again with the "I met a very successful trader bit..........there is a remarkable sameness in these posts, the content and even the phrasing. The one guy was so obviously a phony in his attempt to pretend to be something else it was laughable.

Is it just coincidence that every time the moderator boots someone another whacko just seems to pop up? There are lots of whackos out there (and here too) If you read my posts you may notice that I tend to use certain words or spell certain words incorrectly, who knows. I have noticed certain things about some of these multiple posters that leads be to believe they are the same person. I admit I could be wrong, but there is something going on here. Maybe someone just likes to see how far they can push before BruceM freaks out again. I don't know.

Perhaps you are what you say you are and had the unfortunate luck to be involved with a crazy who started posting on this board.....but how did you find out? I do not recall seeing you here before. Maybe I missed something. I do find these threads amusing, but I admit I do not read everyone.

If you are who you say you are then why are you here? Do you have something to offer us? If I post trades will you critique my performance? Will you let us know what you are doing? I do not mean real time per se, but something like Bruce does. Will you tell us if you are trading real money, how nmany contracts, etc?

So far I have seen only your comments about indicators, which I am in agreement with, and your back and forth with Bruce, but not much else. It makes me wonder then what your motives are.

You said you refused to teach Daywalker, which leads me to think you teach somebody......do you do this for free? Are you an old school guy who will train and bankroll guys like they used to do on the floor? Do you charge a fee for training? Are you running some sort of prop trading firm? Do you teach anybody or was this just something Daywalker made up?

I don't really care if people make money being trading mentors/trainers or whatever, I just think people should be up front about it. In the old days you had to get yourself hired onto a desk or have someone take you under his wing on the floor...............maybe times have changed and it is legit to pay someone to teach you. That is fine. It just seems like there are more and more guys popping up with less then spectacular abilities.

Perhaps telling us what you are about would settle this, otherwise I do not see why you would waste your time here.....either you want to bring something to the forum that is constructive or you are ultimately trying to peddle something in an underhanded way. I might goof around, but ultimately I don't care....BruceM however goes at this board with a religious zeal, I don't get it, but whatever. If you are straight up with people here, I don't think anyone is going to attack you. Maybe you just haven't been around, but the tone of your posts suggests you are one of "them". I will be the first in line to apologize if I was wrong about you.

Perhaps also you view my participation in this forum as an endorsement for the people who advertise on the banner ads on this site, I assure you that is not the case.

Interested to hear your thoughts..........I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and I have laid my cards on the table. My gut tells me you will reply with a bunch of gibberish about privacy, I am loser, you don't have time for this, etc. I am hoping though that maybe you just got off on the wrong foot, we misjudged you, and you can set us all straight.

So far this thread is nothing more then useless dialog with no substance or meaning to real trading value or for that meter the purpose of this forum.

And that is my opinion.

Maybe T Rex can show us (me)if he knows how and what trading is.

I agree Inventor and just sent a follow up email to the Moderator as he agreed to close this thread for me a few days ago. Perhaps there is some value that we can't see.

Bruce
Inventor & BruceM: First you praise TippyTom and now you say the thread is worthless. Why not just ignore the thread if your don't like it? Is anyone holding a gun to your head to read it let alone express your negative opinions? I suggest you read the title of the topic again. Or advise TippyTom not to ask so many questions in his subsequent posts.

I'll be interested to see if he moderator succumbs to peer group pressure. Both of you sound as if you are on the board of directors of this forum.

Have you seen the movie Grumpy Old Men?

T Rex.

quote:
Originally posted by inventor

So far this thread is nothing more then useless dialog with no substance or meaning to real trading value or for that meter the purpose of this forum.

And that is my opinion.

Maybe T Rex can show us (me)if he knows how and what trading is.

Inventor: Did you make $800,000 from trading last year or were you a net loser? What would it be worth to you for me to show you I know how to trade? You sound just like another guy that believes he owns the place. I wonder why the moderator puts up with your arrogance and condescending sense of entitlement you bring here.

T Rex
Thread closed.