Wanted:Trading Mentor

Aspiring trader seeks to hire a mentor with MP expertise.

Requirements: At least 2 years experience with demonstrated success day trading the ES with MP methodologies and systems. Excellent verbal and presentation skills. Willingness to travel for person to person tutoring.

Please send email detailing your experience and fee requirements.

Hmmm, you know, since posting this I went back and read some more of the cases like what we are discussing here, and you know what the most common thing I saw was? Fake statements. Don't take my word for it, do the research yourself here, everyone. So, I got to wondering about if a broker would vouch for profitability of an account. I made some calls, since I didn't get any response back from anyone on my request to call their brokers and see what they say. Not a single one said they would do it.

They all said they simply can't talk about another's account with anyone who isn't the account owner or one who has power of attorney on the account. I asked if the owner couldn't give a blanket permission, written, for this, and they said they can't do it. I'm not saying there aren't brokers who could or would do this, only that the ones I contacted said they can't do it. This is getting more interesting the more we dig into it. It would be nice if others could do some work on this and contribute. Do we need a new thread for this, Guy, or should we just drop the topic?
Good idea, I've kicked off a new topic here: Trading Statements / Brokers / Liability and we can leave this topic to the pursuit of a mentor for Oliver.
quote:
Originally posted by oliverpharris

Aspiring trader seeks to hire a mentor with MP expertise.

Requirements: At least 2 years experience with demonstrated success day trading the ES with MP methodologies and systems. Excellent verbal and presentation skills. Willingness to travel for person to person tutoring.

Please send email detailing your experience and fee requirements.

oliverpharris, get in touch with Frank Butera. He is one of the premier traders in the world.
[email protected]
Frank Butera is hardly one of the "premier traders in the world".

It depends on what "handsome amount of money" means, that's entirely subjective depending on who you're talking to. If you're talking at least 5k/day, then I'd consider doing it, depending on what it is you want and where you're at already. Any less than that, and averaged out over 30 days I'd be losing money because I wouldn't be trading live cash while trying to explain things to you either in person or over the phone.

If you're interested, shoot me an email at [email protected]. I don't mind making live calls with you on the S&P futures intraday with you over the phone or whatever until you're convinced I'm the real deal, no money up front. I have nothing to hide.
eeisen,

Wow, you are grossing over $1.2 mil a year, at your age? That is very impressive. Congratulations. May I ask how many contracts you utilize per trade to achieve those results? Without knowing the trading size the results, although spectacular regardless, are hard to put into perspective. Thanks.
eeisen, thanks for the correction. What I should have said is Frank is an outstanding teacher and one of the best traders utilizing Market Profile.

Unfortunately, I failed to say he doesn't trade the ES, only YM so that won't meet Oliver's needs. But he will do a private mentorship for a lot less than $5,000 a day.
quote:
Originally posted by eeisen

Frank Butera is hardly one of the "premier traders in the world".

It depends on what "handsome amount of money" means, that's entirely subjective depending on who you're talking to. If you're talking at least 5k/day, then I'd consider doing it, depending on what it is you want and where you're at already. Any less than that, and averaged out over 30 days I'd be losing money because I wouldn't be trading live cash while trying to explain things to you either in person or over the phone.

If you're interested, shoot me an email at [email protected]. I don't mind making live calls with you on the S&P futures intraday with you over the phone or whatever until you're convinced I'm the real deal, no money up front. I have nothing to hide.

Does that 5 grand include room and board?