lots of numbers?

Seem to be in this 1486 - 1491 area...a rally in overnight into this zone.......is everyone really believing the hype of the rate cut etc........crazy world..well my thoughts are to downside but I know what that got me on Wednesday...I see Market profile numbers , pivots from daily and weekly...

This is called "justifying a position" and can be dangerous to your wealth...
agree on the bias problem in trading

it's a fine line between seeing or recognizing price structure and developing a strong bias... having strong opinions can be an expensive habit... I personally fight the temptation pretty much every day

when I start thinking the market should do this or that, price should go here or there, I know I am usually heading for trouble. I have learned there is a difference between "should" and "is", and the difference between analysis and trading

One problem I often encounter is looking at say a 60 minute chart and seeing the market direction is up, then trading off a fast chart, say a 5 minute chart which is firing off sell signals... yesterday is a good case in point, the price direction of the 60 minute chart says up, but i did take a short trade which formed off the 15 minute chart combined with the developing MP structure. fortunately the trade worked out ok, but technically I was trading against the primary direction of price...as such I pulled in my expectations and exited at a logical price target off the MP chart.
an overnight gap like this tends to force counter-trend trades, since much of the upside potential was covered overnight, unless we are going for another +300 day on the dow

the potential for 18 points of gap fill in the ES is a tempting proposition...
yes..I just started short side at 89.75 to target 85.75....seems like most longs SHOULD already be in but they may try to run it higher first so 93.50 is my add point in day session only
good luck with the short !

i may join you if we see price start moving down
they're making it too easy..today...the fact that we haven't gone 2.5 above the open price has me still leaning short and that 1490 is at upper edge of distribution zone
nice little short there Bruce !

you gonna let some run with it ?
Nice trading Bruce.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

they're making it too easy..today...the fact that we haven't gone 2.5 above the open price has me still leaning short and that 1490 is at upper edge of distribution zone

agreed... 85 to 91... below 85 i see 82

great call on the initial trading zone btw ...
ES triangle seems to be forming up

NQ got whacked pretty good this morning
back to 85, should be interesting here if this breaks

watching this downtrend line from the morning high, if it breaks to the upside, will be looking for longs
overnight triples sit at 75 even...i'm just watching