Wednesday 01-02-08

starting longs at 1469..1474 is first target...will be watching hour break down if needed to add
gio, when you have time could you explain why you were looking to buy or sell 6.5 points above or below the open.....is that a number you have verified to fade? Perhaps after market hours would be a good time or a lull in the action...added at 67.75 ...revising first target to 73.50...then will try and hold
revising again to 71.25...then will tighten up
big air pocket between 72.75 and 76 should get tested so long side is prefered..weekly pivot up at 90
10,000V chart for the ES so far this morning and the 2,000V chart in the NQ.

Click image for original size
Early morning action in ES on 2 Jan 2008 on 10,000V chart.

Click image for original size
Early action in the NQ on 2 Jan 2008 in a 2,000V chart.
soon question comes into play...Which way will they run out the hour range?..I beleive a run out of the low is a key opportunity to buy...folks trying to front run the break out now....stopped on runners at 69.25..going in again at 67.50 and will buy a breakout of hour low if it happens...rusty at typing today
first targte 71.50
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

gio, when you have time could you explain why you were looking to buy or sell 6.5 points above or below the open.....is that a number you have verified to fade?

I look at the daily average range

Like today, im looking for buy sigs in 1465 area
cool..weekly pivot number down there too...
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

quote:

gio, when you have time could you explain why you were looking to buy or sell 6.5 points above or below the open.....is that a number you have verified to fade?

still expecting that air pocket to get tested but will cover some ahead of that.....4 minutes left so hour range concept is a concern...would prefer not to add on but will follow the plan..63.50 will be add on price if needed
let me revise this for clarity...weekly S2 is at 1462.50
quote:

cool..weekly pivot number down there too...
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

quote:

Thanks Bruce!