volume vs time bars

If anyone is using volume (contracts)instead of time charts I'd be interested in learning why.
I asked about this before, but never got any feedback: Why do so many traders use a 233 tick chart for ES? John Carter exposed this in his book, but I can't beleive he has much clout.
quote:
Originally posted by ruvan

If that's the case, why use a chart at all? Just look at a realtime print of prices.

because without a chart it is hard to see the price action, I suppose if you have some super human brain that you can graph information in your head :)
quote:
Originally posted by ruvan

I asked about this before, but never got any feedback: Why do so many traders use a 233 tick chart for ES? John Carter exposed this in his book, but I can't beleive he has much clout.

One of the reasons 233 was chosen is because it is a Fib number. I like it because it shows the price action in one of the bite sizes I like. I also watch an 89 tick for finer detail.
yep, you will see a lot of that tick charts based on some a fib numbers, I used to look at volume charts based on fib numbers but just started going to round numbers on it heh