What the H - E - Double toothpicks!!

Is emini S&P really down at 1265 on this holiday session...How come I can't get an order in to buy like a pig.......my IB data is F*&^ing me up today/////whats the real story...I want longs if this is real....and I want them by the boatload......

Bruce

Just got back from a mini vacation...much to short!!
I started longs at 61.25 this morning...need a test of 71.25....
sure seems like they want to fake us all out who want to try and catch a bottom JUST because we are over extended.....
quote:
Originally posted by Stowaway

why is the ES stuck @ 1255.50? is it just my software? does anyone else have the same problem?

1255.50 is first ES Limit level, trades are blocked below that price until the level is lifted and prices are permitted to fall to the second level.

I took 3 trades off the level so far overnight/morning, had one that I was the only bid on the price for probably 5 minutes... lol
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

sure seems like they want to fake us all out who want to try and catch a bottom JUST because we are over extended.....

... at least until the Fed cuts rates out of the blue

given the volatility, i'm taking a very simple scalpers approach...trade with the momentum, bank ticks quickly, and move to the next setup...
speaking of the

08:20ET APNewsAlert WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve, confronted with increased fears of a recession, cut a key interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point on Tuesday. [AP]
best fill for me was 86.50...what the H-E- double toothpicks was that????
Now it's confirmed...PT- emini is really a "mole" for the fed...
quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

... at least until the Fed cuts rates out of the blue

given the volatility, i'm taking a very simple scalpers approach...trade with the momentum, bank ticks quickly, and move to the next setup...

No Comment
I think that's some of the biggest overnight market action that I've ever seen in terms of volume and size of move.
I actually just attempted a short at 1309.75..trying to get to 1301.......volume had dried up big time on that last swing
Great job Ruvan!! I did not know that the CME had this rule. And thank you Bruce for the link.