The pitbull alert zones....

EDIT****** I began updating this thread on page 5 ******

I originally had this posted before the market opened in the Traders Lounge but I think it would be better off here......zones are created off one minute high volume bars in this volatility from the previous days session and the overnight....

"Where I'll be looking for entries.....I was biased to the upside when I saw the lower prices in the overnight but I missed all entries....( market just backed away from the 32 area, down at 27 as I type so this area is critical).anyway here is what I see in the ES. The weekly pivot sits down in the 1320 area.....The range of the prior week is tested in the real time session a very high percentage of the time. The other thing I am aware of is that the fed meeting is coming and some may front run that to get long....so my preference is to buy at lower prices today....Your results may vary!!!!

1352 - 1355

1342 - 1345

1330 - 32.50

Since all these numbers are based off of volume I believe that they will act as magnets...and the standard support/ resistance rules apply...

1320 - 1324

1314 - 14.50

Some come close to the Value areas as posted on this site...good trading

Bruce
"

I will post some chart examples and further ideas hen I have more time...
the problem with those spikes and drawing these volume lines is that in theory you would have a zone at from 93 down to 79...which is ridiculous.....you folks with tic charts and volume can probably narrow the actual volume zones down much better
below this I have the 59 - 61 area....if it gets down there..POC area is NOT showing up on my volume radar today.....so It will be curious to see what happens if we print at the 68 number

edit is that I added the word "NOT"
looking for shorts in this 86 to 89 zone.....to target the 83 area.
looking to take a low of the high bar as entry on short side....will try more than once if it fails......outside bar to upside will stop me out after entry on the same bar....got it? lol
entry was 86.50....report in 7 minutes....
stopped out with report...
will try again at 88
now trying at 97.25 with 91 as target..no fill on the 88
second part filled at 86.75.....( lower part of key zone)...with any luck I'll get the 82 area...91 is critical on upside to hold back any rally....
final fill is 81.75
OK, I wanted to get back to this thread once I purchased a microphone that worked....I made a video for the day trading threads last week which can be found here in case you haven't seen it

http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/6588/1/es-trading-4-6-11

But if you've already seen it then skip down to this new video I just made...It's basically demonstrating the same things but it involves somewhat of a trend day..not a classic trend day as we had that consolidation period in the middle......and don't forget to do a search on user "BeyondMP" he made some posts with additional ideas you may consider if you like volume.

No video below? Try this link: trend.swf