Most YM 'all in/all out' contracts w/out slippage?

how many YM contracts have you traded, or known to be traded 'all in and all out' without little or no slippage...(for little slippage meaning 1 YM point only)...do you think the max it can handle "all in and all out" is it 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 plus etc.???thanks in advance!
It depends on the time of day and can be easily seen by looking at how many contracts are bid or asked at the inside prices. If the market shows 100 contracts bid and with a 1 point spread 100 contracts offered then you will have no slippage if you are next in the queue and you trade at market.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

It depends on the time of day and can be easily seen by looking at how many contracts are bid or asked at the inside prices. If the market shows 100 contracts bid and with a 1 point spread 100 contracts offered then you will have no slippage if you are next in the queue and you trade at market.

even if I am trading using market orders and not limit orders?...I think you are saying it is market orders...please confirm...thanks...
Yes, I'm talking about market orders. Another thing that I didn't mention is that you would be trading 100 or fewer contracts when you're doing that. What I meant by the queue is that your market order that you place to (say) buy 100 contracts is next in the queue (this is the assumption) and any other activity such as other market orders to buy or orders to pull an offer are behind yours in the queue. Under those circumstances you won't see slippage.

However, you cannot guarantee that because as you click the buy button someone else may have done the same or some of the offered contracts may have been pulled and this is not reflected yet on your trading platform. This type of slippage is rare though and can in some cases even be positive slippage if someone sold a limit order at the bid price that was larger than the number of contracts bid.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Yes, I'm talking about market orders. Another thing that I didn't mention is that you would be trading 100 or fewer contracts when you're doing that. What I meant by the queue is that your market order that you place to (say) buy 100 contracts is next in the queue (this is the assumption) and any other activity such as other market orders to buy or orders to pull an offer are behind yours in the queue. Under those circumstances you won't see slippage.

However, you cannot guarantee that because as you click the buy button someone else may have done the same or some of the offered contracts may have been pulled and this is not reflected yet on your trading platform. This type of slippage is rare though and can in some cases even be positive slippage if someone sold a limit order at the bid price that was larger than the number of contracts bid.

thanks...I was mainly talking about 5-10 contracts at market price (market orders-not limit) 'all in and all out'...sounds like should be no problem at all...thanks