Question about pivot points

Hello. I use the My Pivots mini-sized Dow ($5) Futures June 2008 pivots, found here: http://www.mypivots.com/dn/?symbol=78 frequently. I noticed that the daily highs and lows include the highs and lows outside normal trading hours. Is that the standard? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the standard way to calculate pivots is to use the highs and lows of the regular trading session.
I don't believe that there's a standard. Traditionally the pits were the only places that prices were made so there was no other time frame to use. So if you mean traditionally then yes Regular Trading Hours (RTH) is when the the pivots used to be calculated.

If you have the open, high, low, close for RTH then you can use the Pivot Point Calculator for the YM.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

I don't believe that there's a standard. Traditionally the pits were the only places that prices were made so there was no other time frame to use. So if you mean traditionally then yes Regular Trading Hours (RTH) is when the the pivots used to be calculated.

If you have the open, high, low, close for RTH then you can use the Pivot Point Calculator for the YM.

Thanks for your reply. Seems to me the traditional method is the most reliable method. Not sure though. Anyways, thanks again. We sure do appreciate the excellent website here.
quote:

Hi,

I have just found this site and this forum. This is great! Daily Notes seems to be very useful although I don't trade futures. I trade NDX and SPX CFDs and calculate the pivots manually. Don't you plan to add the main indices (COMP, NDX, SPX, DJI) to the Daily Notes?

You mentioned that pivot points for the futures in the Daily Notes calculated with the period of RTH. What is this RTH for e-minis? Is it 15:30 - 15:15 (CT)? I mean the open time 15:30 (CT), the close time (15:15) and the high and the low between this two times?
(Unfortunately I don't have a charting service for e-minis so I cannot check it)

Thanks.
We're not sure what will be added to the Daily Notes in the future but we would like to accommodate as many markets as possible.

RTH for the E-mini's is 08:30 to 15:15 CT.
quote:

We're not sure what will be added to the Daily Notes in the future but we would like to accommodate as many markets as possible.

RTH for the E-mini's is 08:30 to 15:15 CT.

Thanks.