daily journal

How do I attach daily statements to this message and in what format do they need to be?
PDF is probably the type that's most readable by people but if you have .jpeg, .jpg, or .png files you can also attach them.

When replying to topic using the Reply to Topic link you will see an Upload link just below the text area. Click on this to upload a file.
Thanks.

I'm going to start posting effective with Monday, April 28 trades. My broker, Dorman, doesn't email them until late in the early a.m. so the posting will be on the following day. I'll give a very brief commentary, however, after I'm done trading each day and the statements will follow the next morning. I don't intend to post screenshots of charts at this time.

I trade ES and this is my first attempt in cash rather than paper, so I'm starting with one contract. Initially, my goal is to win two points a day net of commissions. It's a lofty goal to be sure.
Looking forward to it samahdi. Watch out for the Fed Day on Wednesday.
I made no trades today. The market gave me nothing until 3:30 and I don't trade that late in the session as a matter of policy.
No trading for me again today. Feels like a flu bug got me.
Made two trades and I'm done. The first for 1 contract and the second for 3 contracts (it was a very compelling setup)

1) B 1390.50, S 1391.50 +1
2) S 1396.75, B 1395.50 +1.25

Broker statements will be posted in the a.m.
I was under the impression that you were going to explain "why" you took these trades. I'm not sure what the point is with the statements...has somebody doubted you or are you planning on selling something or vending? Help me out here and congrats on the winning trades. Perhaps the explainations will be coming with the morning statements...if so then I will apologize in advance.

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by samahdi

Made two trades and I'm done. The first for 1 contract and the second for 3 contracts (it was a very compelling setup)

1) B 1390.50, S 1391.50 +1
2) S 1396.75, B 1395.50 +1.25

Broker statements will be posted in the a.m.

statement 04/30/08

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Thanks for posting your statement samahdi. What was the "very compelling setup" that caused you to take those trades?
I think one of the main benefits from posting journals and ideas etc is to get feedback from members and to make sure you follow your rules........so it seems that you are breaking yours as you mentioned you were going to use one contract but you traded a multiple of three on your first day......just trying to help and keep you on track..

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by samahdi

Thanks.

I trade ES and this is my first attempt in cash rather than paper, so I'm starting with one contract.

Due to what I perceive as a lack of interest, I am discontinuing this journal. If mypivots gains some active membership and participation, I'll reconsider.

Take care of yourselves and be cautious out there.