A question for futures traders

I am curious to find out if anyone else thinks this could be a help to their trading.

My premise is that the market has 3 major groups of participants- Institutions, retail and speculators. The institutions are the biggest participants and move the market the most. Retail participants are the 2nd largest group and also are important to major moves. Speculators are traders like us that are trying to make money off the moves of the other two groups.

So, knowing what the institutions and retail people are can definitely be an advantage.

I think I have found a way to determine what the other 2 groups are doing in real time- I wonder if others think this would be helpful to their trading?

If this makes sense to others, my thought is to open room and share this info with others real time. This would not be for "newbies". It would be more for those that have a trading method and would like to increase their profitability. I'm not interested in calling trades but to provide, what I think is the "missing link" to profitable trading. This would not be an altruistic endeavor, if I can share it successfully with others I would end up charging for the service.

I am asking in this forum because I think the participants here act in a more professional and serious manner than most of the other trading forums. (Please don't prove me wrong)
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Johnson

Before I ever spend another dime on a "system" the provider is going to have to show me his itemized brokerage statement, let me see his platform while he trades live(HotComm, etc.)and proactively call out trades. I don't have to see behind the curtains or be privy to the actual machinations behind it. I've had 3 live mentors, trained with 5 systems and am a member of no less than three clubs. It is this author's opinion that if your are making money trading there is no reason on God's great green earth to involve yourself in traders looking for the "way", IT DOESN'T PENCIL OUT!
No flame intended so don't take it personally.

Bruce, your points are well taken but what the OP is offering is a peak under the hood at no cost. I, for one, am highly interested. If I like what I see, then we can discuss the next steps.

I'm not going to pass judgement on OP's motivation and I'll give him all the benefit of the doubt for the chance to see what he's discovered.
I will look at anything, however, I will never understand why someone adept at mining gold would take the time to teach gold mining and not stick to working their own claim. Myself, if I ever figure this stuff out enough to support myself I am going to fade into the shadows and not mutter a word on how I do it. Good luck to all.
Very well put Bruce Johnson, very well put...
I agree that someone trying to convince you, or suggesting, he has a trading method that will make you instantly successful is full of "crap".

What I'm talking about here is not a trading method. I see it as a piece of market information, similar a news report. I have never seen anyone criticize a news service of being disingenuous, either their information is useful to you or it's not. After all, what is purpose of the 10 o'clock reports,etc. if not to impart some information that might be relevant to some market participants.
OK, you convinced me. So where do we go from here?
My thought was to use Paltalk, unless someone has a better idea.
Paltalk is fine and free.
Anyone know if there is a place to see order flow on the ES?

Thanks
Ben

Shooting for Monday start, just did XP upgrade and lost sound on main computer, will probably take a few days to fix. Will post details here.
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Johnson

I will look at anything, however, I will never understand why someone adept at mining gold would take the time to teach gold mining and not stick to working their own claim. Myself, if I ever figure this stuff out enough to support myself I am going to fade into the shadows and not mutter a word on how I do it. Good luck to all.

quote:
Originally posted by inventor

Very well put Bruce Johnson, very well put...

I just don't get this. What is the point of this forum, then? Everyone shares ideas as they come up with them, and if anyone puts anything together and 'figures it out', they drop out, don't share it, and keep it to themselves? I think there are very legitimate reasons to teach someone as well as do it, just one simple one being I am tired of spending the approximately 30,000 hours I have put into trading entirely by myself, with no human interaction. I used to be a teacher, and I liked it, and I liked interacting with people. I live in an extremely rural area and don't enjoy having zero human contact outside of my immediate family, especially among colleagues.

I could list many other solid reasons why someone would like to teach, like how about leaving a legacy of discoveries, instead of taking them to the grave? All that work, and once you're gone, it's all lost, unless you pass it on. And trust me from having been there, you can only convey so much in writing. But the point here is not to explain why I think one can have a legitimate reason for teaching as well as doing, it's to point out how I just don't understand why people come to a place where people share, and then if they come up with anything themselves, they don't share it? All this makes me just want to stop sharing and teaching altogether...

Bruce and Inventor, please do not take this as anything directed towards either of you, I only used your quotes because they were right there, and represent something I just don't understand.
T1, rome wasn't built in a day,don't be discouraged by any one who seems to shout the sky is falling in every one of their posts,take it with a grain of salt,that's just how the world is at present