Ellis vs Elder

On 21 June 2005 Dr Elder accused me (Guy Ellis) of being a crook and a dishonest man.

Mudslinging is easy to do without evidence so I've presented all of the facts and correspondence here and you can make a decision for yourself.

http://www.deltat1.com/DeltaT/indicators/elder/crook/index.htm

Post your comments as replies to this topic.
Guy Ellis
Wow - this guy is crazy. He needs to check into some serious therapy before he continues practising as a psychiatrist.
Is Elder a racist? Or does he have something against Africa/South Africa or third world countries? His "South African swamp" comment is offensive and looks like he has something against the whole country.
Has he lost his marbles or perhaps he thinks he is above the rest of us ! Wow. Very odd responses at the end. Think you need to keep probing over the ownership of "Elder".
I can see where Dr. Elder is coming from Guy. Lets face it - his name is "Alexander Elder". I would say he owns the name. In a sense you are plagiarizing his ideas, turning them into a marketable material and selling them under his name. I would be a bit upset myself. Your pulling the rug from beneath his feet. He should own the rights to anything with his name and/or ideas. In the begining you should have transfeerd the ownership to Dr. Elder before you did any extensive work, them made a contractual agreement with him for a portion of the profits based on the work you put into the setup.
Well take a look at it from this angle. Say that sunroofs were available for a couple of makes of cars but they weren't available for Fords. You drive a Ford and so you make a sunroof that fits a Ford and then you think, hey that's pretty neat, I wonder if I can sell them to anybody else. So you advertise Sunroofs for Fords. You need to identify the product that you're selling.

So I read Alexander's book and I'm an eSignal user and while reading the book I created the indicators based on his stuff. I used them and then I thought, other eSignal users don't have access to this stuff, perhaps I can lease this to them. So I named them Elder Indicators for eSignal to identify them.

If you were looking for indicators from his book that ran on the eSignal charting platform (or Ensign, CQG, MedVed etc.) how would you go about looking for them? Probably the same way that you searched for sunroofs for Ford.
quote:
Originally posted by guy

On 21 June 2005 Dr Elder accused me (Guy Ellis) of being a crook and a dishonest man.

Mudslinging is easy to do without evidence so I've presented all of the facts and correspondence here and you can make a decision for yourself.

http://www.deltat1.com/DeltaT/indicators/elder/crook/index.htm

Post your comments as replies to this topic.
Guy Ellis

wow. Alex is quite the a**. but i guess it's a good thing - i think your experience with Alex helps paint a more realistic picture of the man.

guy, sorry you had to get involved with such a toad, you little crumbsnatcher

take care -

omni

BTW: i doubt guy will resort to name-calling, but i will. alex is a toad and an a**. also, i think you should start a thread over at ET and post http://www.deltat1.com/DeltaT/indicators/elder/crook/index.htm letting people see what's what. it still amazes me that despite how proactively cautious and respectful you were, he still wanted to be in the running for JackA** of the year.
I posted it on Elite a while back: Elite Thread
quote:
Originally posted by guy

I posted it on Elite a while back: Elite Thread

uuuuh, whoops

my bad

well, bump it! alex is just too much for me. him hopping on his little high horse and blah blah blah.

actually, i just read the thread over at ET. amazing. "Elder's right. Ellis is a mooch. consider yourself lucky. who is Ellis to Elder anyway?" jeesh. it all sounded like bleets to me. so nevermind, don't bump it. i'm still trying to keep down a delicious piece of carrot cake i ate right before i read the bleets ... i mean posts. no reason to incite the sheep

i digress ...

goodnight

take care -

omni
Psychopaths could be best financial traders?

Mon Sep 19, 2:45 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - "Wanted: psychopaths to make a killing in the markets."

Such an advert will not be appearing in the world's newspapers any time soon, but it may have a ring of truth after research revealed the best wheeler-dealers could well be "functional psychopaths."

A team of U.S. scientists has found the emotionally impaired are more willing to gamble for high stakes and that people with brain damage may make good financial decisions, the Times newspaper reported Monday.

In a study of investors' behavior 41 people with normal IQs were asked to play a simple investment game. Fifteen of the group had suffered lesions on the areas of the brain that affect emotions.

The result was those with brain damage outperformed those without.

The scientists found emotions led some of the group to avoid risks even when the potential benefits far outweighed the losses, a phenomenon known as myopic loss aversion.

One of the researchers, Antione Bechara, an associate professor of neurology at the University of Iowa, said the best stock market investors might plausibly be called "functional psychopaths."

Fellow author, Baba Shiv of Stanford Graduate School of Business said many company chiefs and top lawyers may also show they share the same trait.

"Emotions serve an adaptive role in speeding up the decision-making process," said Shiv.

"However, there are circumstances in which a naturally occurring emotional response must be inhibited, so that a deliberate and potentially wiser decision can be made."

The study, published in June in the journal Psychological Science, was conducted by a team of researchers from Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, and the University of Iowa.
i get elders email updates and in one of his recent ones he wrote:

quote:
...for the past two weeks I’ve been missing almost all the fireworks of trading, sitting as ‘juror #3’ on one of those interminable trials. I feel an awesome sense responsibility, even waking up at night thinking about the case – the fate of one man and his family is in our hands.

Trial by a jury of one’s peers is the bedrock of the democratic justice system, and having grown up in a country where we essentially had none, I feel happy to serve – although there are plenty of stresses from screaming lawyers and their lying experts...

now im no lawyer and i dont know how the usa judicial system works but im surprised that he is allowed to comment in that manner while sitting on a jury. anybody know if that is okay or not?