No registration required! (Why?)

Where do I begin?


I am new to the trading arena. I have spent a few hours reading posts from this site and have found that "you people" are very informative.

I've dabbled in the e mini market for a couple of years. I am pretty familiar with how it works and how the game is played. My question is this? Where do I begin?

I've looked at a couple of websites that have programs (mentorships) that are geared toward teaching people how to become traders. My goal is to become a full time day trader. I know this will take time and my expectations are low. I'm not looking for the "holy grail". I'm looking for a mentor or a system that has proven to be a viable system for becoming a full time trader. I'm not looking to get rich trading. I just want to make enough to take care of my bills.

My goal is to be able (someday) to make $500 per day. I know this is not possible starting out. Am I dreaming about the $500 per day?

I've looked at several systems and I am trying to do my due diligence. I am in no hurry to be conned or hustled.

I have been impressed with the ATW (advanced trading workshop). They seem to have a good program and I know someone who is currently in their mentorship program. Does anyone on this site know about this company?

The other company was Traders International. I read some postings on this site about them and it seems that they are not reputable. Any further feedback would be of help.

Another company is Hindsight trading. They don't have a free demo and I'm still checking to see if they have a live workshop where someone is trading. I am skeptical so far. Anyone know of this company?

I consider myself to be intelligent, patient, driven, and what seems to be the best quality, dumb enough to want to be a trader. I'm not sure what it is, but, this trading stuff gets in your veins and you need more.

So...where do I begin? What system is recommeded? What mentor is recommended? Blah Blah Blah.

I would appreciate any comments from you people. I've read the articles, I've studied, etc...it's time to make a decision on which direction to go and proceed.

Thanks
Another thing...

I'm not interested in learning on my own. I dont have time to spend years learning...losing money...learning...funding my account...learning...losing money...etc. You get the picture!!

I am willing to invest in a good teacher and or system to give me a (better) chance to become a trader.

I have to tip my hat to all of you who learned on your own.
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Mtn Trader

Another thing...

I'm not interested in learning on my own. I dont have time to spend years learning...losing money...learning...funding my account...learning...losing money...etc. You get the picture!!

I am willing to invest in a good teacher and or system to give me a (better) chance to become a trader.

I have to tip my hat to all of you who learned on your own.



www.thetradingzone.com
This is all you need to know. Good luck.
Rocky Mtn Trader,

I'd suggest you look over my website, where I have over 250 free commentary posted, and some very informative free articles on trading realities. You don't have to buy anything to use the free resources, or sign up for anything. My approach is a lot different than most, but the free articles are not specific to my methodology. There are also two articles on realistic expectations that are quite popular, and use mini's for the examples. Hope this helps.
quote:
Originally posted by iDoc

quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Mtn Trader

Another thing...

I'm not interested in learning on my own. I dont have time to spend years learning...losing money...learning...funding my account...learning...losing money...etc. You get the picture!!

I am willing to invest in a good teacher and or system to give me a (better) chance to become a trader.

I have to tip my hat to all of you who learned on your own.



www.thetradingzone.com
This is all you need to know. Good luck.



iDoc authored the tradingzone thread here and this is another attempt to SPAM with free advertising. We have yet to see any proof that Greg, his moderators or his students can successfully and consistently trade his methods. That goes for most of these Internet based trading services as well, so be careful and be thorough.

quote:
Originally posted by topgun

quote:
Originally posted by iDoc

quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Mtn Trader

Another thing...

I'm not interested in learning on my own. I dont have time to spend years learning...losing money...learning...funding my account...learning...losing money...etc. You get the picture!!

I am willing to invest in a good teacher and or system to give me a (better) chance to become a trader.

I have to tip my hat to all of you who learned on your own.



www.thetradingzone.com
This is all you need to know. Good luck.



iDoc authored the tradingzone thread here and this is another attempt to SPAM with free advertising. We have yet to see any proof that Greg, his moderators or his students can successfully and consistently trade his methods. That goes for most of these Internet based trading services as well, so be careful and be thorough.




What the hell are you talking about? I was just replying to a question.
Sorry for the mistake. You did not create the TZ thread, but you are one of the big promoters as witnessed by your posts there. And I stand by the rest of my comments about Trading Zone.



okay...I've been on the Traders International webinar twice. Being very skeptical both times.

The trading was done live...he hit most trades both days. Nothing special, but not too bad either.

There wasn't much info about the charts...it was a 55 tick chart...I dont think these were the same in the actual trading room.

Outside of the TI bashing...has anyone on this site actually been in this program? I would be really curious.

Thanks again
RMT, I suggest you evaluate a few other services before taking the plunge. You've waited this long, what's another month or two?

I also urge you to ask any service for realtime, not hypothetical, trading statements from either the moderators/teachers or a couple of members. If they won't acomodate you then walk away and don't look back. Otherwise, you might end up with an experience like Bruce Johnson.
topgun: are you on the tos platform?
Ok TopGun...your right, I'm not in a hurry to give my money to a ***** sytem.

What other systems are recommended? I do look at all systems that people tell me about. If you don't feel comfortable posting them here, you can send me a private message.

Thanks for all the response...don't stop...I'm still trying to make an informative decision.
Not me.