S&P Campaign Short?

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

No Description Entered
Thanks AlleyB and welcome back....a few questions..:
1) suppose we went 3 ticks over the "i" period instead of just one tick...or 5 ticks etc...and then we still traded below "I'
period low ? does it still count..?

2) Do we have to break the rotation at the high and the low of the "I" period during the same time frame? In this case
the "j" period does both? This is an outside bar on the 30 minute....suppose we broke the high during "J" but broke the low during
"k"....etc...I'm looking to qualify this..

Thanks

Bruce
What happened here? No replies and no follow up.....It would have been nice to have some questions answered as to how
this trade was actually managed or if it was held with the 1406 retest after this chart was posted....I have to admit that you let me down AlleyB.
You know I'm a big fan of seeing this stuff as it happens......still a good call on your part but could have been a much more important thread.
Are you ok?

Bruce
Bruce many apologies for lack of response. It's just that I had to return to the UK from the US and and have been busy since the end of May
to answer your questions above
1. re additional rotation of say 3 or 5 tics....the answer is not for me being a purist and a precisionist (sometimes not a good idea). but a further rotation of say 3 or 5 tics that fails (ie rejects) would still be a valid sell just that one would not be looking for the degree of movement that I had notated. IE a genuine 1 tic what I refer to as a single print as opposed to what many would define (most consider one time frame singles as single prints but in reality their real definition would be minus development) is to be ignored at your peril. I have found that Single prints on extremes are so powerful for what it represents is a complete reversal/rejection and a suggestion that there (in this case) were no shorts only longs on the highs.
2. Same time frame break...No not necessary but if it does then it is even more powerful for what you would be witnessing is speed of rejection

I'll try to look for similar events and post the charts to show other single prints in coming days, I would aniticipate one coming up in bond markets sometime soon but we shall see.
in between time its not about good calls on my part but understanding the structure and pattern of the market and therefore allows one to follow even short term day trading from a perspective that allows the dominant picture... what Pete refers to as Page 2 or BackGround in CapFlow to influence Page 1 or foreground and therefore commit to a particular strategy which in this case was to sell all uptics and keep doing it until it did not work any more

Glad you are ok Alley B....nice to have you back and thanks for the follow up.

No Description Entered

No Description Entered