Fibonacci Calculator

A new online Fibonacci Calculator by DeltaT1 is now being tested on the DeltaT1 web site:

Questions and comments about it here.
Someone recently had problems with not being able to see this calculator. Turned out that his ad blocker (Norton) was preventing the calculator from showing up.

If you find that any part of the web site is not showing up then try the following.
- Disable the Ad Blocker (This can often be done on a site by site basis so you don't have to disable the Ad Blocker per se but just for the site that you think it is causing problems on, in this case www.mypivots.com )
- Once disabled, force a hard re-request through your browser. Hitting F5 to refresh the screen might not work because the browser might just fetch your local cache which is the errant page. Instead you should hold the Ctrl key down and click the Refresh button on the browser tool bar or hit the F5 key.

If you are still having problems seeing the Fibonacci Calculator after that then post what is happening here and I'm sure that someone will come up with a clever suggestion.

The strangest thing was that this problem wasn't showing up on the Pivot Point Calculator but only on the Fibonacci Calculator.
The Fibonacci Calculator has been updated and now has almost 3 times as many levels as before.
quote:
Since the fib calculator has been expanded (lately) I am no longer able to save my settings.
My cookies are enabled, and I had no problems saving my own figures until today. I have been using the calculator for about 6 weeks with no problems.

A bug was introduced that prevented the settings from being reloaded. As of about 5 minutes ago this bug should be fixed. You may need to force a "hard" refresh on the page using Ctrl+F5 (or click the refresh button on your browser while holding down the Ctrl key) to clear the cache and see the effect of this fix.

Profitable trading!!
In troubleshooting this calculator I discovered that there is a not-so-obvious feature that you should be aware of.

In order for the calculator to save the settings that you change in it, you need to click the Calculate button. If you make changes and then navigate away from the page without clicking Calculate then it will NOT save the changes. Click the Calculate button after you've made the changes.

Profitable Trading!!
I was playing with the fib calculator and I have some elementary questions I hope you may be able to answer for me. I was in the retracement and extension part of the calculator and I see the high, low, and the 38%, 50% and 62% levels sandwiched between. My question is when I multiply the range by .618, 1., 1.619, 2.618, and 4.25 and add (or subtract) it to the high (low), I get the answer. What I am struggling with is the significance of those decimals. Can you explain this to me? Thanks,
Steve
They come from the fibonacci sequence of numbers (recently made popular in the film The Da Vinci Code I believe although I have not yet seen the film so can't confirm it):

Here is the beginning of the sequence:
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946,...

You start off with 0,1 and then to get the subsequent number you add the two preceding numbers. So 0+1 gives 1. Then 1+1 gives 2. Then 1+2 gives 3. Then 2+3 gives 5. Etc.

I refer you to wikipedia for the most accurate and detailed explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number
OK. Got it. I wasn't applying the Fibonacci formula to the decimal level. Thanks.
Steve
I want to calculate only +.618,+1 & +1.618 AND -.618,-1 & -1.618.I deleted all except these and added which was not there from these but I got reply 'INPUT STRING WAS NOT IN A CORRECT FORMAT.'from site,please do guide me as how to do this and what mistakes I am doing.Thanks in advance.
Harish: What you are doing is correct. The calculator thinks that the empty cells are invalid numbers but the output next the the completed cells are the correct values so you can ignore that error message and use the numbers that you have calculated. We'll get it fixed on the web site soon.
unable to locate HELP on BROWSER WINDOW
Originally posted by bmani890

I want to know about the fibonacci calc..... High & low its the previous day high low right and then its shown some ratios and price ... right now how to decide to guess the market

mani

Yes, the high and low is the previous day (or session or hour depending on the time frame that you're trading) and from that the calculator will calculate the most common ratios if you leave the default values in place.

The theory is that at the Fibonacci levels there is an increased probability of a reversal and if it breaks that level then a run for the next level. It's best used with a cluster of indicators. For example, if a common moving average and a popular pivot point and a popular Fibonacci number all cluster/converge on the same price point then the probability is that price point is more significant by dint of the fact that more traders expect it to be because there are more watching that price and using it as profit targets or reversal entries etc.