Intro.

A bit about me:

I'm a guy. lol

I'm also a turtle trader who wasn't satisfied not catching tops and bottoms and found by the stroke of luck an outfit that specializes in trend reversals (still no names). They created their own indicators fusing the RSI with Schoastic and MACD separately. There's nothing lagging about them. When they fire, trends reverse, no matter how big or small the scale. I only just began to understand how to use their model in swing trading, my only love. They're working on being always in Super Scalpers. It's not my style.

1350 was a trade secret. 1450 is a pipe dream at this point. Presently I read at the beginning of this bear run a continuation cup and handle sell, and near the bottom at 1333 a following downtrend price action buy.

Seeing that we closed above the previous high in ES, investors are serious about turning this around for a while. But we're clearly in a bear trend, and it could get ugly.
When you say that you're a turtle trader you mean that you follow the same methods that the Turtle Traders followed and not that you were one of Richard Dennis' students right?
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

When you say that you're a turtle trader you mean that you follow the same methods that the Turtle Traders followed and not that you were one of Richard Dennis' students right?

I'm a Neo-Turtle Trader. Like the Gann spin-offs. No I'm not an original Turtle Trader. Were I, I'd be managing portfolios and not in a forum for lonely day and swing traders. lol

Good question though. And one that warranted elucidation.
Hi SPQR. Thanks for posting. A couple of additional questions if you don't mind......What's on your bookshelf? What's had the most positive influence on your trading? Have you had any spectacular failures? Is it important to your trading that the "trend reversal outfit" you spoke about remains a secret? I'm a relatively new trader and am still searching for an edge that I can evaluate and be confident of. What advice would you offer? Thanks.
quote:Originally posted by Steves
Hi SPQR. Thanks for posting. A couple of additional questions if you don't mind......What's on your bookshelf? What's had the most positive influence on your trading? Have you had any spectacular failures? Is it important to your trading that the "trend reversal outfit" you spoke about remains a secret? I'm a relatively new trader and am still searching for an edge that I can evaluate and be confident of. What advice would you offer? Thanks.

Hi, Steves. Pleased to meet.

I'm presently a student of Traders International. Some confusion and a perceived attack on my system as per an employee, at the end of a very long week, mincing his words when rollover over was made me apprehensive to divulge who I'm with. Afshin Taghechian is a genius, though his system is 100% indicator based.

I'm also a member of turtletraders.com and have been paper trading its system and testing it for a year. I'm only now considering to go live.

My favorite books are: the members book Trend Following by Michael Covel in tribute to Richard Dennis; Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance) (Hardcover), by John J. Murphy; Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, First Edition (Hardcover) by Steve Nison; and Mastering The Trade, by John Carter.

I've also been interested in valuation from time to time but it's a bit beyond my scope to put it mildly. A good place to start in fundamental analysis is through Damodaran's website and publications.

I haven't experienced any signifigant failures due to limiting myself to paper trading until I could come up with a definitive expected return to draw down ratio, though of course I had at the first when paper trading.

[Admin edit: links added to books]