$TICK eSignal

Love me some $TICK. I know this can be done on Trade Station, but I haven't upgraded yet.

Using Esignal is it possible to set a grid of incriments of 200 in $TICK readings and if passed set off alerts? If so, and you know, might I and the group benefit from your Esignal wizardry by telling us how to set up that strategy?

Many, many thanks in advance.
Right click on the $TICK chart when open in an Advanced Chart window and from the menu select "Set Alert NN..." (NN will be some number). Then you will see a dialog like this. Make the settings that you see in this dialog box. If you click the "Select Sound..." button you can associate the alert with any sound file on your computer. I think that this will do what you want.

Click image for original size
eSignal Add Alert Dialog box settings for $TICK

You can also set 2 sound alerts on the same symbol and give each one a different .wav sound file association and use one for when it's going up and a different one when it's going down. I find this helpful when I don't want to watch the $TICK but want to know when it's crossed my threshold and which way it went.

Hope that helps.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Right click on the $TICK chart when open in an Advanced Chart window and from the menu select "Set Alert NN..." (NN will be some number). Then you will see a dialog like this. Make the settings that you see in this dialog box. If you click the "Select Sound..." button you can associate the alert with any sound file on your computer. I think that this will do what you want.

You can also set 2 sound alerts on the same symbol and give each one a different .wav sound file association and use one for when it's going up and a different one when it's going down. I find this helpful when I don't want to watch the $TICK but want to know when it's crossed my threshold and which way it went.

Hope that helps.

That's awesome of you. Thank you very much.

After I wrote that post I hit google in search of an answer, only to find a missing efs written by, if not offered by, you, here in on this group's indicator page and one intact on esignal's indicator page. Imagine my surprise when upon loading it I get ACCESS DENIED or somesuch.
It's cool indeed that it was you to end up helping.

You rock. Thanks.