any of you traders pay to learn when you started?

hey guys. im not too sure if you guys heard of "Traders International" but its an organisation of traders who teach you how to trade and be able to trade within 6-12weeks with real $$ and actually make money. the only thing its quite expensive, ie 7k.

i do believe that getting the knowledge and experience before using real cash. how many of you have done this before? not with this specific company but maybe others or maybe in a similar way? also how long did it take the rest of you to gain the knowledge before you started with real cash and started to make money?

cheers guys
Here's the topic on Traders International - post Trader's International comments there. You can post answers to stevo-kraut's questions here.
quote:
Originally posted by stevo-kraut

hey guys. im not too sure if you guys heard of "Traders International" but its an organisation of traders who teach you how to trade and be able to trade within 6-12weeks with real $$ and actually make money. the only thing its quite expensive, ie 7k.

i do believe that getting the knowledge and experience before using real cash. how many of you have done this before? not with this specific company but maybe others or maybe in a similar way? also how long did it take the rest of you to gain the knowledge before you started with real cash and started to make money?

cheers guys

I'm a member but lapsed subscriber of Traders International and their trading rooms. Professional traders failed at their profession or no have each had their turn through TI's revolving door over the years. While having a consortium of educational reading and viewing material not found many other places, at least gathered together, TI and similarly ran enterprises don't teach you how to trade; they teach you how to trade their propietary indicators. I was lucky enough to have been taught by a pro trader with a big heart, Dale, is his name if you join, that pretty much gave away his hard-earned knowledge of tape and price action reading after about a solid week of losing trades due to the chop. There is a video made of the session (May 18, 2008) that alone is worth the money spent. You can create an automated system contemplating and refining his lecture. Needless to say I don't use their indicators but had after a fews weeks of delving into pure price action reading and making my own observations and testing them, gone from scalping 2 point trades all in knots to hitting the reverse button within three ticks of a reversal with nothing on my chart but a tick counter.

Yeah, TI's legit.

My point is this: You're going to lose money, likely all of your money, without first getting your foot in the door and learning some basic setups and money management. While most of these things can be found in books, watching another trade, in sim or with funds, allows you to see it all unfold without risk. Become a little comfortable and trade sim. Find yourself at home in sim and trade live. If you find yourself questioning calls, you're on your own.

Be it with TI, someone here in this group or elsewhere, that too is worth the money.

You're going to lose the money anyway, you may as well consider investing it in yourself.

Good luck.
thanks SPQR. that really helped. ill tell you guys what im going to do. and also if any of you guys got any tips for starting trading or whatever information im all ears. cheers