Advanced Trading Workshop (ATW)

Anyone know anything, good or bad, about this outfit?

http://www.advancedtradingworkshop.com/
Btw dom993, nice copy/paste-exact-same-text-on-different-sites advertizing job ya did back on May 9 ... here and on at least 1 other site. Did Satan Spawn offer to toss ya another updated indicator for free if ya spam-vertized? That's his usual M.O.
MonkeyMeat: I did copy my original message from MyPivots to the other site YOU referenced in another post of this thread, because YOU referenced that other site.

I find it sad - for you and people who believe you without doing their own due-diligence - that you flame something you know so little about.

Since you are obviously a successful trader, and hence money is plentiful for you, I suggest you buy and study the full ATW mentorship program, then come back here and make sound comments about it.
Earth to dom993,

Dude, unless you're Jerry's siamese twin brother, I GUARANTEE you I know way more about him and the program than you do - period.

Reread the entire topic/thread here. And read the additional new posts in the past couple of weeks at the other site you advertised on:

http://traderopinions.com/indicators/advanced-trading-workshop-aka/

A May 19th poster begins with: "ATW is a total ripoff !!! ... "

A May 22nd poster begins with: "DO NOT waste your time and money with these guys ... "

... both subsequently going on into more detail.

As for the @ssload of money I make trading ... why in the hell would I waste several grand of it on a charlatan and company that is helping ruin so many lives ... I wouldn't! (I'm already intimately familiar with their "stuff" anyway)

I do hope that you find a way for learning to consistently generate profits to your satisfaction. The sooner you pull the parachute on the Anteater Tadpole Whacker program, the sooner you'll get there.

Happy Monkey Trails to Ya,

MM
MM:

So you know the ATW mentorship program more than I do ... let me challenge this through a few questions, and if your answers are correct I will publicly acknowledge it.

1 - what are the key components of the ATW mentorship methodology ?
2 - what is the X1 signal
3 - what is Jerry's definition of a wedge ?
4 - what does SETS mean ?
5 - what is a "Grand-MA" ?

Your credibility is on the line ...

Cheers
D.
Oh this is too funny. This shill has the IQ of a 12 year old.

MM's credibility will never be online because of someone like you, dom.
Thanks feng for recognizing sham behaviour and shillesque posts here with me! Remember, this is a couple of guys and so called program costing thousands of dollars.

dom993, ya gotta also know the B.S. history that leads up the the B.S. present regarding methodology. I'll share a bit in a second, but there's also the lies and outright fraudulent promotion that has taken place with Simmons et. al. for years. They are vending to make money that they can't make trading.

At the most base level, ask for their statements for the most recent couple of months. You'll get the runaround typical B.S. But the deafening silence as a year long acolyte includes no mention of how the Always Trading Wrong program has improved your trading results with at least relavent and genuine markers/milestones ... offering at least some specifics of % return and/or average daily profits over the past year (and recently)?!?

So now to address the funny names that Jerry has always attached to his B.S. Here's a few terms and acronyms you may or may not be familiar with ... that all pretty much suck btw:

The BIG 4 are 1)flow and form 2)market structure 3) impulse mode (or not) 4) exhaustion

So trace the non-money-making-non-Jerry-trading history by laying out some COOL terms he's diddled with and charged folks thousands for from the not-so-distant-past and up to the present:

DPTL's - Joke! Just price S/R levels
30-min hi/lo and the BOB (code for Break Out Bar)
HPPD days
ITS ... once the core of the morphing unsuccessful trading strategery (Impulse Trading System)
Oh yeah, he's had all kinds of official ITS "Variations" that he had to add as the method was afflicted with a virulent case of P/L "@ssdraginitis"
And how 'bout those funky fibs ... the thangs he calls DF's, D-Alts and D-alt X's ... gimme a DF4 or a DF5 or a DF6 ... Jeeeeeez!

And the grand poobah of them all ... the TF-(freakin')100!

While we're at it, let's also not forget the RSI based super duper COMBO TRADING SYSTEM - wooooooooot!

And if you don't get the Breakout ... then watch out for the Double Breakout ... and if that ain't working, then go for the Mega Breakout as he's named them in this morass of non-working B.S.

All you're getting is the current incarnation and permutations of the past (didn't work then, ain't workin' now) ... but with new cool names and a few new approaches while dropping off those that were consistent dead ringers of a trip to blown out account hell.

The onus is not on me. It's on YOU ... (and the Orwellian ATWhatTF folks ... including the Kermit the frog voice dude too) ... to provide REAL legitimacy.

Btw, ask Demon Spawn how much his house is worth and if he's ever made 7 figures trading in a year. I know the answers to these questions and much more (documented via recording and/or email/text). It'd be interesting to compare notes on those ... as those speak to the veracity of him and his program.

And dude, you may be feeling good with how they promote themselves and always do the positive input/feedback to you and others. You may be coming from a decent place in your postings. But again, I would say, read thru others feedback and reviews and ask what I've suggested you ask of them. And also ask yourself hard core what you're metrics of trading profits and improvements are that I alluded to above.

I truly wish you well ... unless you are truly a shill. I only wish the best for anyone that is trading in this wild @assed hard game of the markets.

Wild @ssed Monkey Flips,

The Funky Monkey

Originally posted by dom993

MM:

So you know the ATW mentorship program more than I do ... let me challenge this through a few questions, and if your answers are correct I will publicly acknowledge it.

1 - what are the key components of the ATW mentorship methodology ?
2 - what is the X1 signal
3 - what is Jerry's definition of a wedge ?
4 - what does SETS mean ?
5 - what is a "Grand-MA" ?

Your credibility is on the line ...

Cheers
D.
And this is what makes it so freakin' silly to the Nth degree. Jerry told me on the phone that the DPTL's (Dual Purpose Trend Lines listed in the above acronyms that are now "public info") which are simply drawing in Support and Resistance levels on a 30 Minute chart ... "WAS ALONE WORTH THE COST OF THE ATW PROGRAM" ... which was priced at several thousand dollars. Actually, he said it was worth $10G's!!! Good lord, even used car sales folks have less shame!

Come on dudes ... I mean WTF! This is on top of all the other stuff I've posted along with what's been posted by others here and on other sites. And I've got a bag full more of these Satan Spawn "spewings!"

Ya gotta face reality here in this kinda extreme vendorville!
MM:

wrt YOUR claim that you know the ATW mentorship program better than I do, the answer is clearly NO. I grant you the correct answer to the first question (*). For the rest, you did not provide any answer to my other 4 questions, instead you throw & make fun of a bunch of terms used in the program.

For those reading this thread, let me explain that you just took those terms straight out of the "ATW manual" (and pretty much in their order of appearence) - that simply proves you are able to read (which nobody doubted), and that you have access to the "ATW manual".

D.

(*) page 1 of the "ATW manual"
dom-dude,

You're not in a position to "grant" me anything ... at least in this universe (perhaps in an alternate one that I inhabit here and there
). And WOW ... ya mean there's a MANUAL for the zany mentoring gig?

Did ya ever wonder where your high-dollar manual came from. Well, I know ... and find it quite entertaining that you're in quiz mode. Enjoy your love fest as a Jerryphile ... and when you hear that sucking sound, that's him and his "stuff" helping you blow out your account.

All you're doing here and on another site, both laden with a variety of posters with some actual experience offering detailed and negative reviews, is simply ADVERTISING. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows the real score on this from me and the myriad of others that have shared in the entirity of this topic/thread.

But it can sometimes be easy to get overly excited and caught up in the cult of personality with these things ... and self-justification kicks in for realizing you've forked over a small fortune and the sense of buyers remorse begins lurking up out of your subconscience.

Sorry that he doesn't give refunds ... for you and any others who've been scammed by him/them. Maybe you at least get some kind of entertainment value out of it. I still hope that you learn in some way to generate consistent trading profits to your satisfaction!

And, as you posted "For those reading this thread...", well ... now they've got more to read ... just more coffin nails in one among scads of scamming vendors out there in Vendorville.

Monkey Flips to All,

MM

Originally posted by dom993

MM:

wrt YOUR claim that you know the ATW mentorship program better than I do, the answer is clearly NO. I grant you the correct answer to the first question (*). For the rest, you did not provide any answer to my other 4 questions, instead you throw & make fun of a bunch of terms used in the program.

For those reading this thread, let me explain that you just took those terms straight out of the "ATW manual" (and pretty much in their order of appearence) - that simply proves you are able to read (which nobody doubted), and that you have access to the "ATW manual".

D.

(*) page 1 of the "ATW manual"
MM:

Hopefully you have some fun hammering at me - but seriously, let see where we are :

- I posted my feedback on ATW 101A & Mentorship education programs in this thread which seems designed to that effect
- You gave me grief for that, and later claimed to know the ATW mentorship program better than I do
- I proved that you do NOT know the ATW mentorship program better than I do (and frankly, that was no surprise : I am a mentorship student for about 1 year now and I have studied it a lot, probably more than most students for reasons I will give later)

I understand you suspect me to be a shill, so let me try to prove this wrong. Sure I am new to this forum, however I have been a member of a couple of trading groups for the past 3+ years (emini_anon, PTT, SANUK). I encourage you to dig into the archives of these groups for my posts (in particular emini_anon, which is the one I am the most active on). You will see for yourself that I have not been discussing ATW in any way - the only reason for me posting here was that this thread appears to be designed to collect feedback.

Given your knowledge of ATW, I am sure you are aware that all of Jerry's tools are currently only available for TradeStation. Let me be clear : I do not have TradeStation (nor NinjaTrader), I have been using Ensign for over 3 years, prior to the ATW I had already developed a lot of stuff that I didn't want to port over to TS, so instead I developed most of Jerry's tools in Ensign - this is the reason why I claim to have studied the mentorship program more than most students, because on top of learning to use the tools I had 1st to study the tools in details so that I could develop them in Ensign.

A couple more things - I stated in my 1st post that I don't trust indicators so I don't use any indicator. Andy & Jerry's teaching didn't change my view on that. What I have benefited most from Jerry's teaching is about Market Structure (S/R levels, Elliott waves, ...) & Exhaustion (a bunch of projection techniques some of which are insanely accurate - at least on the market I currently day-trade, CL). I went all the way to develop in Ensign a large piece of software that automatically tracks Elliott waves and draws the major price projections. This is all that I use currently for my trading.

The one area I have to improve upon is live (real money) discipline ... I do great on sim (no fear), but I am still struggling to replicate that level of performance on my real account. Fear often leads me to pass on setups, or to exit prematurely of my trades.

There you have it.

Cheers
Dominique
I have spent some time with ATW. I agree Andy is quite a sales man but if you get hood winked into buying somthing you should look at your self for being a sucker as much as the guy who is doing the sucking. They give a 30 day free trial take the free trial and pass at the rest. I personally believe that Jerry is telling the truth in whatever he states. I am not saying his level of accuracey is 100% but I have found him to be fairly correct on most occassions.

The big thing that I noticed was the level of greed involved in the trading. There is a lot of flashing lights and bells and sounds that would want to get you into a trade before you knew what happened. Bad move for over trading. The indicator packages are a bit overpriced for what they are and the instructions on how to use them don't seem to exist. But you have to think about this if an indicator existed that made millions it has been flogged to death on it's first outing. I personally spent over $5000 and have no regrets. I found Jerry's level of accuracey and honesty to be of a high standard. Andy is a salesman and my credit card is still getting over the trauma.

In my opinion the biggest problem is the amount of money that you start trading with. The guys encourage $10,000 per futures contract which is the correct amount. That means you are starting out with a $30,000 acc as a begginner. You are dreaming if you think you can get through your trading career without blowing up your acc. Livermore went broke how many times. Gann just got sick of losing and stopped trading, then went and got an education. If you truly are a begginner then start small. You may only be making $30 or $40 dollars a day and you will only be losing $30 or $40 a day. When your consisitencey gets up there your account will grow and when you get out of bed one day and find your account has had no draw downs in 3 months then start adding extra funds.

I personally have taken a liking to Jerrys Edge Trading system. I took the methodology Jerry has taught and have been trading it for over 6 months. I can say for sure we have more up days then down but how it goes into the future is anybodies guess. I don't trade a black box or indicator system blindly so I get better tyhen the system. If you don't take the time to check out ATW you could be doing your self out of a good education. My trading account has done nothing but grow since I got into the ATW. I had a high level of experience before but getting the help to automate my trading has made my life so much easier. I don't get flogged like the good old days. The Edge signals the trades and I add to the position or cancel it out. i had built a very similar system before going to the ATW but Jerrys level of programming experience really paid off.

To summerize watch your credit card but don't be ignorant, these guys have some good education and trading techniques. Just don't be a mug. Pay your money and demand the service. Get onto Andy at the begining and make him work for his money.

Raef Mackay.
Australia.