Koolblue's cycle technique. A video I put together

Hey there,

So here is a video I whipped up to show the basics of Koolblue's cycle timing, it's just showing the tip of the iceberg as far as what can be achieved with this technique. Koolblue has been extremely generous to teach this to all the traders here. I know a few people who signed up for the Saturday chat could not make it so hopefully this video helps you catch up on some of what we discussed that day. Kool does a more eloquent job of presenting the theory behind this, after all he is the originator. Consider this video a crash course and by no means is it the concise guide to Kool's method. Also I didn't make it clear in the video but this works on all time frames and even on tick and volume based charts. The technique is very easy , amazingly accurate and a whole lot of fun. Enjoy.

http://drop.io/download/48dfe78d/540b3a49b39c369a40608b5427201e176441ce3d/9ba2be50-6fac-012b-922f-0012799407ec/53f471b0-6fc6-012b-8ac3-f6c9fadf3fb7/koolcycles.mov/koolcycles.mov
the link is not working
Use this link instead,,,

http://drop.io/mypivots/asset/koolcycles

then click the link that says "download" to view the fullsize video.
Nicely done popstocks !

I like the adaptive nature of your technique. The problem with cycles is they tend to drift around over time. In a simple way, your technique gets around this problem.

Have you looked at using this on a daily chart ?

Have you developed any rules or guidelines for the technique ?
Those links don't appear to work...is the problem on my end or is anyone else having a problem?
Thanks.
popstocks - nice video - thanks for doing this as well as organizing Saturday ( I was Ed K on that webinar)...one thing I don't remember from Saturday is the price projection info...not sure which high - low difference you use, I know you multiply by the fib ratio but not sure whether you add to the recent low or high etc...o.k. some times I can be challanged to figure out concepts...
Kel, refer to es 9 -30-08 thread ,page 5 for an example explained in realtime trading.
Thank you sir! I appreciate the example - also posted an attempt at answering your downside projection question there too!
Kel, exactly ,sir! Maybe we get there maybe not, but if we do look at your indicators and cycle work to see if a small scalp bounce might be indicated.
KEL, take note of the 60 min. bar at 15:30 time (the peak...1175.75). Using just this bar(1175.75-1163.75) since the next bar is not a continuation(ie: not a lower low or higher high) gives nearly the same number.Ilook for these kind of confirmations over multiple time frames and especially ' intra move' that continue to give the same area
Kool, thanks again for taking time saturday to show us your method.

If there was anyone else who was at kool and pop's show, do you count the top two points only when they're the same color, i.e. both up/ both down? Or do you count the two highest points nomatter what their color?

I'm still trying to get this dialed in.

thanks,
MC
quote:
Originally posted by popstocks

Use this link instead,,,

http://drop.io/mypivots/asset/koolcycles

then click the link that says "download" to view the fullsize video.

popstocks,

Thank you for this I appreciate it

Paul