ES 12-11-2008

Important Note: Contract rollover TODAY for the ES, NQ, YM and TF

would love to take a scratch here but will settle for 73.50
quote:
Originally posted by VOwater

feng give me an actual trade you did today with setup and all please

basically i just relied on what my understanding of Kool's methods.

i'd look for green green red candles or red red green on the 1 minute or 5 minute charts and try to project the next high or low from there. that worked sort of for the morning but then in the afternoon there were a couple that i thought would go up after a red red green (which i analysed to almost always result in a following uptrend). i guess i was wrong but at that time i was extremely confident in those assumptions so i just held on and on and on and then finally decided that it wasnt happening.
and bruce I didnt even get to participate in the move to S2 or 72 that I kept trying for
flat 74
thanks feng...would you be more specific...the actual trade itelf with numbers, time frame ect.
quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

quote:
Originally posted by feng456

i think i understood Kool's methods for time and price projection so why is it that im down on average of 10-20 handles a day?

feng - you can't take the time and price projections in isolation. Kool also uses oscillators and bollinger bands and moving averages and square 9s and some here also use high volume zones and market profile tools and other fib tools and cycles like ABCs plus attention to news cycles, etc. Some here scalp and some hold for longer periods. Look for convergences where various tools converge on similar signals. There is no one simple method that consistently gets one positive and above all stop discipline is mandatory.

the only indicators that i've really learnt (or so i think) to use are simple averages and Williams. i will look into bol bands and fibs. ive tried using MACD and Oscillators but they didnt give me any consistent signals...again as far as i understood them.

i dont get ABCs and actually a lot of other things because theres no one to explain them to me.

my mistake is probably trying to rely on a single system and hoping it'll work.
FENG, POPS VIDEO MUST BE CONFUSING YOU! COLOR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. GO TO BAR CHARTS! ITS THE INITIAL MOVE BFORE A SIGNIFICANT RETRACEMENT!
THATS THE ONLY CONSIDERATION . THE AVGS ARE GOOD BECAUSE THEY DENOTE NATURAL RESISTANT POINTS, BUT THE OTHER OCILLATORS ARE JUST TO SEE HOW OVERBOUGHT OR SOLD THE MARKET IS.
LEARN THE METOD VO AND P.T. USE ITS EASIEIR TO UNDERSTAND AND THE SAME BASIC CONCEPT!
STUDY VOS POST UNDER TRADING STRATEGIES FORUM- LITTLE A,B CS!
quote:
Originally posted by feng456

quote:
Originally posted by myptofvu

Feng do you have Skype? it would be easier to talk to you...

i had skype then i uninstalled cuz it had lousy connections. but i think my account may be still active. whats ur username or whatever?

skype Id is rthtrader