Charts 1-14-09

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
I see so many complicated charts, with dozens of indicators, sometimes makes my head spin

Here is something real simple
Here is a simple daily chart of the E-mini SP 500, with just 2 charting indicators. 2 indicators keep things real simple.

A 14 day ADX combined with a 50 day simple moving average. As you can see the bounce of the lows of the SP 500, (or E-mini) made on November 21, 2008 did bounce or retrace to its mean as defined here by the 50 day moving average As we can also see the bounce was done a basis of declining strength.

The ADX is a good indicator for a pure measure of strength, and in my own personal experience tends to work better on longer time frames than on shorter ones A bounce on weakness suggests that the big money has yet to step back into the market and gives greater weight to the Markets Like to Retest Prior Lows theory

No Description Entered

[email protected]

Short entry off 161.8 and double top at 205.8

261.8 projection off double bottom at 836.00
THE BRADLEY CHART I POSTED SIMPLY REINFORCES THE 23RD AS POSSIBLY THE MOST IMPORTANT DATE OF THE TWO DATES I HAVE PREVIOUSLY GIVEN TO WATCH!
Will this trendline hold us?

No Description Entered

They don't always work out. This was a beautiful ABC setup. Price had moved all the way across the fibo bands and made a move above the MA to the 1.618 band. It then retraced back down through the MA to the 61.8% and the opposite 1.618 band. We had a nice bullish candle that shot back through the MA and gave an entry. This is a classic setup (my favorite) and in my experience the most reliable, however, as you can see it didn't follow through and stop was taken.

No Description Entered

No Description Entered