Introduction

One Student's Journey

I've had the pleasure of keeping an open dialog with the folks over at DLC Profiles and have decided to enroll in their Cognitive Learning / Continuous Education Series. For anyone unfamiliar with DLC, Jim Dalton is the 'D' in DLC. For anyone unfamiliar with Jim Dalton, he wrote Mind Over Markets and Markets In Profile. And, for anyone unfamiliar with those two books, I think it would be safe to say that these are two of the top three books in print on the Market Profile (Steidlmayer On Markets being the third). Anyone unfamiliar with Market Profile can get their hands on any of those books, make use of Google, go through Jim Dalton's presentation over at Cbot.com, or check out this thorough synopsis over at ASX.

So what's this journal all about? Good question. And to answer that I will briefly go into what this journal is and isn't, as well as what I am and am not.

This journal IS:

* a way for me to honestly record my experiences and progress through the CL/CES
* a way for me to share my honest impressions of the material and techniques presented
* a way for me to deepen my market understanding
* a way for readers to use my experiences to help them decide the potential value and applicability of what DLC has put into the CL/CES
* dynamic, which means I may be tinkering with how I update the journal
* new to me so it in itself will be a learning experience.

This journal ISN'T:

* a paid or unpaid advertisement for DLC
* a way for me to call out trades
* a way for me to advise others how or what to trade
* a way to give away any of the proprietary content of the CL/CES
* a trading setup repository

Who I AM:

* an independent trader
* a student of the markets
* a student of DLC Profiles

Who I AM NOT:

* a paid representative of DLC Profiles
* a CTA or CFA or any other licensed investment or trading advisor
* a paying sponsor to MyPivots.com

Again, this is a very organic project, and I want to thank Jim Dalton and Terry Liberman over at DLC Profiles for having the open-mindedness to let me do something like this. I also want to thank Guy for providing the platform and allowing me the opportunity to share this journey with his forum members.
Omni,I have just started to read your posts. I have a respect for Dalton's work, and appreciate the time you are taking to share your point of view. Just curious, what software do you use?

Mike
quote:
Originally posted by mptrader

Omni,I have just started to read your posts. I have a respect for Dalton's work, and appreciate the time you are taking to share your point of view. Just curious, what software do you use?

Mike

Hey Mike, glad to have you along. i'm currently using Sierra Charts, but am looking into WindoTrader. SC has great support and general flexibility, but the MP functionality is not quite what i'm looking for. WT has always been MP first and has some built-in stuff that i have always had to 'rig-up' with other charting packages.

Have a great week!
I've been using eTrade for a while but have been looking around to see what else is out there. Coincidently, WindoTrader has come up in my search and looks like it has more potential than the various MP add on's that are out there. And, it is interesting that Dalton used WindoTrader charts in his latest book. Maybe he is on to something! I think it is definitely worth taking another look. Thanks for sharing, Mike