Why teach if you can trade?

Bruce brought up a question that i think a lot of traders wonder about and/or have asked:
quote:
obviously this would bring up the age old question of "why teach if you can trade so well"
so i wanted to start this topic just for that discussion.

obviously, everyone is welcome and encouraged to throw in their $0.02 and i think it would be especially insightful if we get some input from any trading educators/vendors out there.

to me it makes sense the same way asking that question makes sense. aren't traders a bit untrusting, often even paranoid, just by our professional nature? we don't trust stuff, whether it is someone teaching about trading or that a tradeable edge will exist for us indefinitely. Traders write books, teach, develop indicators, do speaking engagements, and all sorts of stuff that is tangential to their actual trading. even trading itself can go beyond what a person 'needs'. Soros, Buffet, Jones, and so on, no one has retired yet. no matter how you come by it, too much is never enough.

and, i've completely ignored the notion of an altruistic agenda. it isn't that i don't think it exists, it is more the opposite. i assume it is present in those genuinely interested in teaching any kind of market understanding and trading skillset. paying it forward. if i don't get the feeling that the material and instructors are thick with a sincere effort to impart useful, applicable knowledge, i'm not interested. because i don't trust it. this personal filter is what led me to DLC. i emailed and talked with Terry and DLC for several months before i enrolled in the CL/CES. it would have been very easy at any point for them to tell me to enroll and pay up or leave them alone. and they had that right, imo. but they never even insinuated that mentality.

i often read that teaching a methodology/strategy/etc dilutes an edge, but i think that gets overdone. there are too many markets, too much incoming money, and too low a winning ratio for any edge to really get diluted. etrade tells us they get 1,000 new accounts every day. if only 10% of those end up trading, 80-95 of those will lose. it's the revolving door of new losing traders that helps keep an edge profitable.

anyway, thanks Bruce, for you contributions in general and specifically for bringing up this topic. I hope you'll share some of your thoughts on it as well.
Ha, now you've made me curious, are you talking about TTT ?

quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

what if ?

what if, i told you about a pay for service trading service where the guys that are running it told you exactly what trading software they were using and what exactly was the one and only support and resistance indicator they were using - and what if these guys were profitable on their calls, continously

their orders are buy stop and sell stop and with stop and targets before the fact and plenty of time to enter the trade

of course, the difference being they know how to use the trading software better than you could ever imagine you would

would you still pay their $149 per month for their professional service?

quote:
Originally posted by MartinU

no sir, its a different service

send me an email - i wouldnt want anyone to think im peddling their site

btw, you can try their service for free for 7 business days without a credit card to see if you like it or not

Ok, Gio, will do. Thanks.
quote:

got ur email but ur email addy rejects me

i'l keep trying to contact u over the weekend

ciao
quote:

quote:

got ur email but ur email addy rejects me

i'l keep trying to contact u over the weekend

ciao

HI gio,

I just sent you another address, hope it works.

Hi Gio5959
I'm curious too so would you be so kind as to let me know about this service also.
TIA

Marc

quote:

quote:

no sir, its a different service

send me an email - i wouldnt want anyone to think im peddling their site

btw, you can try their service for free for 7 business days without a credit card to see if you like it or not

quote:
Originally posted by neath

Hi Gio5959
I'm curious too so would you be so kind as to let me know about this service also.
TIA

Marc

sent u an email - c ya there monday

I cant send you GEO, can you send me the link?