Traders Tax: H.R. 4191 (H.R. 1068) in Congress Now

I don't post in here often, but look through the forum here a lot. I just got an email an about this new traders tax bill in Congress now. From what I understand this could ruin day trading for everyone.

The email had a link to go to and sign a petition to send to U.S. Congress.

I just signed the petition and figured all the traders in here would want to as well as it is very important they don't pass this bill.

www VoteNo1068 com (this link no longer works so disabled)

edit: Link to H.R. 4191 http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-4191
Nah, let's blow something up ... like animal balloons and make effigies of the Trader Tax crew and pop 'em like buble wrap ... or better yet, mail 'em a deceased fish. Man, these days it's easy to fall into the "learned helplessness" mode. Inappropriate and misguided government and even semi-government "regulation" nearly always leads to a nasty train wreck. Bunch o' bozos! Let's start our own exchange ... now there's an idea!
Originally posted by shiela

Good point Jim and I do that - but its weird - every time I write my rep the canned response I get back is like an alien read it - half the time its not even related to what I put in the letter. Its like they don't hear us. So I will keep trying, but I think its bigger than us and the best thing we can do is come to peace inside of ourselves and be ok with whatever happens.
There is another update at Green Trader Tax:

http://www.greencompany.com/blog/index.php
This is from Robert Green's blog:

"German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Friday the national financial-transaction tax (FTT) German lawmakers are campaigning for “makes no sense,” but he’s in favor of it on an European Union (EU) level. He believes a G20 FTT is unlikely."

So I guess this guy is in favor of a FTT in Europe but he doesn't think the G20 nations (which encompass way more than Europe) will approve it. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Geeze, I can't believe they are so stooooppid.
You can't believe finance ministers and politicians are that stooooppid? Have you looked outside lately? You are too funny, shiela
Any updates from any corner. Did the G20 meeting get anywhere near this concept?
Oregon...VOTE DeFazio OUT !!!
&feature=g-all-u