from "The Big Lebowski"

The Stranger: Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

That was a good movie. I wonder how the dude would have done as a trader. Pretty good I image. I think that he'd pick a routine and just stick to it.

Here are some other quotes from the movie:

"Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man."--The Dude (Jeff Bridges) to Treehorn's thug

"That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"--Walter (John Goodman)
"Freakin' a..."--The Dude

"I don't roll on Shabbos!"--Walter to Donny (Steve Buscemi), upon realizing he's scheduled to bowl on the Jewish Sabbath

"All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back."--The Dude to Jackie Treehorn (Ben Gazzara)

"You're entering a world of pain."--Walter to a child

"Are these the Nazis, Walter?"--Donny
"No, Donny, these men are Nihilists. Nothing to be afraid of."--Walter

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that."--The Stranger (Sam Elliott)
yeah, i think the dude would make for an interesting trader. i'm not sure intraday trading would be his cup o' tea
but swing trading might be up his alley.

another fav scene is when The Dude's landlord is trying to subtley remind Dude of his rent. i just love The Dude's obliviousness:

Allan: Dude, uh, tomorrow is already the tenth.
Dude: Far out.

take care

omni
Definitely a swing trader. What about John Goodman? day trader or swing trader?
walter would be a daytrader. he might not last long though. with his military background, discipline wouldn't seem to be a problem. however, he would have trouble getting out when a trade that 'should work' doesn't work. he would hold losers and double up on the way down.

take care

omni