Day Trade To Win DayTradeToWin

I came across a website called Daytradetowin.com, run by someone named John Paul who seems to have a pretty good system....
He just trades first half of the day, and uses no indicators and posts a lot of his actual trades on YouTube.
Has anyone here heard of him or have any experience with it?
Has anyone here actually purchased his course though and verified that it's legit?
Define "legit."
I verified his results were not accurate based on his system rules and challenged him on it and he never responded.

All of his losses are 5 points, however many of his winners would need to run 6-7 points against him in order to make 2 points. Also, because he is trading on sim if the price touches his order it gets filled this is not the case in real life. In order to properly test you will need price to trade through the order in order to make sure you would have gotten filled. I have tested this side by side many times. Enter the exact same order on sim and on real trades and watch the sim fill as soon as price touches, but watch the real sit there for a good while and sometime never fill before it reverses.

I also asked him for a statement to prove his trades are "legit" and again no response.
Exactly! Wirechild summed it up very well what I was looking for - thanks! Yeah, the fact that he would not respond to such questions or comments makes me wonder. He really should be able to show a statement w/ all personal info omitted - certainly would look better for him if all he really is doing is just pushing the sale of his course.

After looking at some of his videos though, you can see where the entries are based on support and resistance in the first 30 min. of trading. He also mentions many times that his entry points are based on 'overnight' data - not sure how that is though. And you're right about the fill's. In order for your target to get executed, it must trade right through that price.

I've also read on other forums about some getting snubbed with the 30-day guarantee, but I will also say I've read that others have received their money back as well. Looks like maybe the stipulations are a bit more than he makes it sound - of course they would be lol.
I know this guy with the made up whiteshoe, colonial style name and he is a a paper trading, systems seller that will wipe out your account in short order.
I purchased this system about a month ago and have been trading it live with just one contract. I can verify that all his trades posted on his website are accurate so far. You can even see the large drawdown lately. I will continue to trade realtime and give updates. PS, I too don't like the negative risk to reward.
quote:
Originally posted by rainman99

I purchased this system about a month ago and have been trading it live with just one contract. I can verify that all his trades posted on his website are accurate so far. You can even see the large drawdown lately. I will continue to trade realtime and give updates. PS, I too don't like the negative risk to reward.

Thanks for the feedback. So I know his method is based on the initial 90 - 120 minutes of market open, but can his methods also be used during the remaining trading day? If everything is based on 'price action', is it fair to say that other entries can also be triggered during this time and NOT just in the mornings? Again, his system does seem to be that of support and resistance levels, but maybe its more intricate than that...

I'm sure using his methods, you can tweak your own entry to minimize risk without compromising reward as much.
dvd, There are usually a couple trades a day on the system but the best trades seem to come in the moring(today was a very nice winning trade). Thats just my observation so far. And yes, you could play around with your entrys to minimize risk but you might end up missing some trades and turn a winning system into a looser(just my thoughts on that). Im going to trade this sytem with a couple contracts for the next couple of months to make sure my results match what he is posting on his website and then if I see the system is profitable I will throw a little more money at it. Remember the main thing with trading is money management.
quote:
Originally posted by rainman99

dvd, There are usually a couple trades a day on the system but the best trades seem to come in the moring(today was a very nice winning trade). Thats just my observation so far. And yes, you could play around with your entrys to minimize risk but you might end up missing some trades and turn a winning system into a looser(just my thoughts on that). Im going to trade this sytem with a couple contracts for the next couple of months to make sure my results match what he is posting on his website and then if I see the system is profitable I will throw a little more money at it. Remember the main thing with trading is money management.

Do you have money to burn?

I suggest you paper trade it, just like the seller does.
Phan, Thanks for the suggestion but Ive got my methods of testing systems. Ive been around this business for a while now. And to answer your question, yes I do have some money to burn for testing systems.
well with the 3 point win vs 5 point loss, remember five wins is offset by three losses, jp is cool enough but even in the diagrams I notice that he posts charts that would have stopped out so I thank him for what I have learned but if you can find a pattern and it seems to be working, give it a shot in simulation, if success is high, try it for real, if not, rethink it. I'm going to try the 3 target 3 stop that I read of and I think that in simulation I am also going to pay attention when it drops like a rock three or four times in a row that it doesn't mean that it has broken the ceiling and will rocket skyward for two points. The terms will be helpful and I thank JP but hits don't feel often enough right now to try to dive further into it.