Day Trade To Win DayTradeToWin

I came across a website called Daytradetowin.com, run by someone named John Paul who seems to have a pretty good system....
He just trades first half of the day, and uses no indicators and posts a lot of his actual trades on YouTube.
Has anyone here heard of him or have any experience with it?
Why don't you try this on the NQ, TF and YM (guessing at equivalent moves); maybe one indice is more efficient?

peace

researcher247
Got +1 today. Finished the week +2 with this system. I am going to test this system 2 differnt ways. First way is with my modified stops and second is just simply using a 3 pt target with a 3 pt stop and never adjusting. If stps were not adjusted today it would ahve ben an easy 3 pt winner. Ive seen this too many times now.
hi rainman thanks for the posting the results on this system.Are you taking all entries(based on the methods rules) or using your own discretion

thanks
mark
Markw, I am taking all entries based on his method. The thing I have modified is the stops and exits(which has yet to be determined if it is better or worse than what is being tought in the course). Once again I do think the system is worth the price paid. Even if you dont want to follow his perticular method it will get you on the right thinking path to trading. What i mean by that is you start thinking and watching price action more and how it works instead of watching indicators. It also is a real system, and what I mean is it has a specific entry, a specific stop, and a specific profit target(no guessing).
I read his ebook and at the end it says "keep your stops wide, maintain 2 point target and a 5 to 6 point stop." WHAT? That is ridiculous.

Another note, the forum he runs is full of rude members, they are "know it alls", call people idiots, think they don't have to give respect to new members..
quote:
Originally posted by dennho

I read his ebook and at the end it says "keep your stops wide, maintain 2 point target and a 5 to 6 point stop." WHAT? That is ridiculous.

Another note, the forum he runs is full of rude members, they are "know it alls", call people idiots, think they don't have to give respect to new members..

where's his forum? i'd like to take a peek.
thx
quote:
Originally posted by rainman99

Daytrading, thats right. I will do a weekly wrap up every friday on how the system is doing. Take into account that I trade a modified version of what he is teaching. I wont risk 5 pts to make 2. I risk 3 to make 3. Here are the rules Im using..
1.If trade goes in the money by 2 points I set stop at B/E
2.If trade goes in the money by more than 2 points I lock in 1 point profit

hi,

do you peel off 1/2 of your position at target 1 and let remaining run?

thx,
xg
Xgesxg, No, but Im looking and testing a couple differnt ways to trade this and that is one of them.
The key to this is understanding how signifigantly simulated results that trigger a limit order when it is "touched" differ from real results. It is not a small thing or "somewhat" of an issue, it us HUGE.

Anyone who has traded the ES knows u are almost always at the end of a big line. The simulator he uses lets him sell at a price where everyone in the real market could only buy!

To understand how significant this is consider:

A "simulator" set up to trigger a limit order when the price is hit should be able to yield almost unlimited theoretical profits, as you would always be able to sell immediately at the best bid or the best ask.

Heck, lets say price is stationary between a certain bid/ask for a few minutes. Just keep putting in buys and sells at the best bid/ask and you will keep printing money!!

If only it was that easy right??

Best wishes to the system vendor though on his venture. Best luck too to those who try to trade his system.
Monday -3
Tuesday 3
Wed- -3
Thursday 1
Friday 3
Ended up +1 for the week with this system. I have another pure price system I am backtesting right now and here are the results for that one.
Monday 2
Tuesday -2
Wed 2
Thurday 2
Friday 2
Ended up +6 for the week on System #2. I will post results of the backtest of both sytems when my programmer has them ready. I told him to work on the second system first.
well with the 3 point win vs 5 point loss, remember five wins is offset by three losses, jp is cool enough but even in the diagrams I notice that he posts charts that would have stopped out so I thank him for what I have learned but if you can find a pattern and it seems to be working, give it a shot in simulation, if success is high, try it for real, if not, rethink it. I'm going to try the 3 target 3 stop that I read of and I think that in simulation I am also going to pay attention when it drops like a rock three or four times in a row that it doesn't mean that it has broken the ceiling and will rocket skyward for two points. The terms will be helpful and I thank JP but hits don't feel often enough right now to try to dive further into it.