Trading the RTH Open

The RTH Open (9:30 EST) is an interesting point of entry. To make money we need 4 things 1. Time 2. Price 3. Volume 4. Direction. One benefit of trading the open is that the trader has a forced entry as the time, price and volume portion of entry is taken care of. Secondly you can chose to trade once only and keep yourself stress free for the rest of the day. So all we have to look for is a profitable direction. Now the question is whether to buy or sell the 9:30 Open. Various options are 1) Trade in the direction of previous day RTH close (4:15 EST)(Gap fill theory). 2) Trade towards the previous days RTH Open (Volume is the biggest magnet). Trade reverse of the 9:29 EST candle i.e. if it is a Red Candle Buy and if Green Sell or reverse i.e. SELL for Red and Buy for Green. I look forward to your inputs
Long AT 907.75 so the tick lost at a buy market order got me. The problem with the market open is that the market is so fast at open that if you try to enter at your terms you may not enter at all and the move may slip out of your hands.
Funny!! market is consolidating at open
I hope you stuck it out and got your pay off today ak1.
This is a broken arrow market, no direction so far
quote:
Originally posted by ak1

Long AT 907.75 so the tick lost at a buy market order got me. The problem with the market open is that the market is so fast at open that if you try to enter at your terms you may not enter at all and the move may slip out of your hands.

907.75? What market you trading ak?
Emini S&P
What is the closing time for Emini Crude and Stocks. Like Future contracts close at 4:15 est.
Sorry I did not phrase the question properly. The regular trading hours (RTH) for Emini Futures is from 9:30est to 16:15 est. What are the RTH for Crude Oil and other company stocks listed on NYSE etc. I have heard that company stocks trade from 9:30 est to 16:00 est and that oil from 9:30 est to 15:30 est
I'm new,can someone tell me what RTH stands for
nevermind re: RTH
thank you stockster.