eminiviper.com

I started this topic because some questions I asked and answers I got from cba33558 were getting lost in this rather extensive topic here:

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2300&whichpage=30

We started this discussion on page 30 of that thread, and I thought I'd move it here so we can continue it (since no one took me up on my offer to start this thread). I'll cut and paste the three posts made after cba33558 posted a chart about eminiviper.com

From 6/8/09:

jimkane: Hey, cba. I checked out that EminiViper.com page. Very impressive. Seems like they don't have any losing days, or even losing trades (or do they not post those?). Is that so? If not, how many stop outs or false signals are you seeing on an average day? It doesn't mean much to me to see winners, I am more interested in the losers I have to take to get those winners. Also, are you the owner of EminiViper.com, or do you work for them? If not, what is your association? If I don't ask, that will likely be the first question from everyone else. Thanks.

cba33558: Hey Jim -

Thanks for visiting the Web site and offering your constructive questions and feedback...

The videos are intended to show the NQ Emini trades that are triggered by the system each day. Currently the system is designed to issue trade signals only the Nasdaq Emini. In addition to the Viper indicator, the system uses a combination of guidance charts and a trading chart that very rarely has a losing trade. With all of these constraints, it should be noted however, that there are not many signals that trigger in any given trading day. Depending on the volatility - usually one or two trades may trigger - a busy day would be 3 trades.

The entire trading system is not shown in the videos; however, all of the details regarding these trade signals are shown in an eBook and training videos. The actual trade signals themselves are analyzed in real-time in the live Webinars. The entire goal of this system was accuracy - not catching every trade.

In answer to your other question, I have been a trader for a little over 12 years now, I am a partner in the firm; and was involved extensively in developing, actively trading and back-testing the Viper system over the past year and a half.

Once again, thank you for your input, and I look forward to opportunity of respectfully participating in your Forum...

jimkane: Thanks for the response, cba. Wow, those are some incredibly impressive stats. Given these are intraday trend trades, it's almost incomprehensible to me. My style is intraday trend trading, and with the 3 to 5 to 1 or sometimes higher reward/risk profiles I'm happy anywhere in the 30% to 50% winners range.

I have a few more questions. Is there a way to follow along and see live trade signals the moment they develop, on a trial basis? The web site mentions visiting a live webinar for a day. Would one see live signals in time to act, or only after they have started? What if no signals are generated that day, can someone try another day? It's very hard to evaluate a system with a one-day trial, especially one that generates only a few signals.

Next, what is the difference between live webinars and live trading room, as far as signals given in real-time? Also, if one signs on to your room and gets all that training, does that do any good without the software? What is the cost of the license, since the website doesn't specify this? I'd love to follow along real-time for a period and evaluate your system, but I'm not sure you have any provisions where I could do that without laying out money first. Again, if I don't ask all these questions, someone else will. Since I'm probably the longest-winded character at this forum, I figured I'd just get the ball rolling. It's not often I hear about a system that has almost no losers at all.

Lastly, if we go much further with this discussion it may be appropriate to move it from this thread to one you or someone else could create in Trading Advisory Services.
Hi

Very interesting comments pro and con to the viper system.
I started my auto trader trail today - I will try and post charts on the results. I am not related to the owners. I am new so I hope I can get chart attached

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

No Description Entered
Thanks for posting the chart...I'm trialing the Auto-traders also..it's going to be interesting to see what they charge for live version...it's a shame we can't backtest or run the strategy against historical data.
One of our traders in text chat was running Viper yesterday and obtained similar results. Viper made an additional winning trade on the 10am news release. He had a slightly different configuration however, using 3 profit targets.
if I have missed it I am sorry... but does anyone have the eminiviper.com indicator/s in tradestation eld format?
Hi guys - this is my second day on the free trail of Viper's new autotrade.
While they have 2 systems, I have a scalper's personality, and am only concentrating on their scalper system.
The free trail only takes trades in sim mode, but I have been able to duplicate the trades in real money so far.

I will try to post only one chart this time.

No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by thetaxman

Thanks for posting the chart...I'm trialing the Auto-traders also..it's going to be interesting to see what they charge for live version...it's a shame we can't backtest or run the strategy against historical data.

Why can't you backtest or run on historical data?
Hi all and Phantasmagoria,

what Thetaxman said could be true: a friend of mine is using this strategies for testing and I saw that when you start one of these, if you have the days back e.g. 10, you'll see the operations plotted for each day in the chart for the stated time frame, but the reporting of Orders (any buy / sell) or Executions and Account Performance, will only start from that moment on .

So if you are so kind to suggest which way possible to complete reporting for a back test in Ninja Trader these conditions, I am sure many persons will be happy to get the know-how from you.

Happy weekend friends

Mordechai
All historical backtesting with NT is done at close of bar. How does this effect the auto Viper?

P.S. SIM is not real trading unless you are using market orders.
They are using market orders for their sim orders. I am on their trial on their Auto Trader and I love it. Everything these guys do, helps traders like me to become successful. I love you Viper!!!
Viper had another very respectable outcome Friday. I was impressed with how well it handled the mid-morning triangle (chop zone).
Sorry this reply is 2-years late but I just joined the forum.

I know from personal experience that GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar default to showing all users and all comments unless specifically disabled by the Host.

If they're saying what was reported that's a blatant lie.