eminiviper.com

I started this topic because some questions I asked and answers I got from cba33558 were getting lost in this rather extensive topic here:

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2300&whichpage=30

We started this discussion on page 30 of that thread, and I thought I'd move it here so we can continue it (since no one took me up on my offer to start this thread). I'll cut and paste the three posts made after cba33558 posted a chart about eminiviper.com

From 6/8/09:

jimkane: Hey, cba. I checked out that EminiViper.com page. Very impressive. Seems like they don't have any losing days, or even losing trades (or do they not post those?). Is that so? If not, how many stop outs or false signals are you seeing on an average day? It doesn't mean much to me to see winners, I am more interested in the losers I have to take to get those winners. Also, are you the owner of EminiViper.com, or do you work for them? If not, what is your association? If I don't ask, that will likely be the first question from everyone else. Thanks.

cba33558: Hey Jim -

Thanks for visiting the Web site and offering your constructive questions and feedback...

The videos are intended to show the NQ Emini trades that are triggered by the system each day. Currently the system is designed to issue trade signals only the Nasdaq Emini. In addition to the Viper indicator, the system uses a combination of guidance charts and a trading chart that very rarely has a losing trade. With all of these constraints, it should be noted however, that there are not many signals that trigger in any given trading day. Depending on the volatility - usually one or two trades may trigger - a busy day would be 3 trades.

The entire trading system is not shown in the videos; however, all of the details regarding these trade signals are shown in an eBook and training videos. The actual trade signals themselves are analyzed in real-time in the live Webinars. The entire goal of this system was accuracy - not catching every trade.

In answer to your other question, I have been a trader for a little over 12 years now, I am a partner in the firm; and was involved extensively in developing, actively trading and back-testing the Viper system over the past year and a half.

Once again, thank you for your input, and I look forward to opportunity of respectfully participating in your Forum...

jimkane: Thanks for the response, cba. Wow, those are some incredibly impressive stats. Given these are intraday trend trades, it's almost incomprehensible to me. My style is intraday trend trading, and with the 3 to 5 to 1 or sometimes higher reward/risk profiles I'm happy anywhere in the 30% to 50% winners range.

I have a few more questions. Is there a way to follow along and see live trade signals the moment they develop, on a trial basis? The web site mentions visiting a live webinar for a day. Would one see live signals in time to act, or only after they have started? What if no signals are generated that day, can someone try another day? It's very hard to evaluate a system with a one-day trial, especially one that generates only a few signals.

Next, what is the difference between live webinars and live trading room, as far as signals given in real-time? Also, if one signs on to your room and gets all that training, does that do any good without the software? What is the cost of the license, since the website doesn't specify this? I'd love to follow along real-time for a period and evaluate your system, but I'm not sure you have any provisions where I could do that without laying out money first. Again, if I don't ask all these questions, someone else will. Since I'm probably the longest-winded character at this forum, I figured I'd just get the ball rolling. It's not often I hear about a system that has almost no losers at all.

Lastly, if we go much further with this discussion it may be appropriate to move it from this thread to one you or someone else could create in Trading Advisory Services.
Geez, I said I was just kidding....It's obvious from your posts that you know your was around the market....did not mean to demean your experience in any way..
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

Have you ever bought a house or any other large ticket idem and loved it but asked yourself....why is the seller selling it? If viper is so good why sell it to us puny retail traders....why even sell it at all? why not give it away for free if its because they love helping. Why waste time marketing when you can use it in the market?

It's way too early to know if the AT can produce consistent profits. After all, this thing is constantly getting changed, modified, optomized and probably curve fitted. So, the Viper people are in a "figure out what works" mode.

The reason they are selling stuff is for income, plain and simple. They are not professional traders as witnessed day in and day out in the room when Viper was released and they sounded scared to death with 2 contracts on the line. Mr. Boyle, in particular, was constantly saying "I have my finger on the close button" more times than I care to remember. Donahoo and Boyle are struggling traders looking for an edge. In the meantime, they need revenue to pay bills and feed themselves.

quote:
So, the Viper people are in a "figure out what works" mode.

The reason they are selling stuff is for income, plain and simple. They are not professional traders as witnessed day in and day out in the room when Viper was released and they sounded scared to death with 2 contracts on the line. Mr. Boyle, in particular, was constantly saying "I have my finger on the close button" more times than I care to remember. Donahoo and Boyle are struggling traders looking for an edge. In the meantime, they need revenue to pay bills and feed themselves.

Great point and exactly why this doesn't sit well with me. You don't want to learn how to trade from marketers. Especially ones who are so inexperienced in their trading that they don't even have a clear direction with which to proceed.

Now if they were smarter they would team up with a professional trader, one with a good long term system that is teachable. Let them handle the trading/teaching and they would handle the marketing angle. Provide fantastic customer service/support and have transparency in their trading.

Is that too much to ask? Apparently is is. The good successful traders are too busy trading their own accounts to take the time out to teach newbies their system. Because they're making money they have no need to teach what they know for income.

As CJ said, "why would they sell this?" The only logical answer is b/c they don't earn enough with the system to trade it on their own.
You guys are so jealous of these guys. I was in their room again today and they kept me out of the chop and I made two great trades. Seems like they do know how to trade. They have a room full of people making money every day while you guys just gripe. It must be really sad to be so negative all the time. Go Viper !!!!!!!!!
Hi all

I hope HotYogaMan will post also today the charts with the results

for the day of Cobraautoes and Diamonbackautoes ...

cheers

quote:

the HULL green/yellow/red looks identical and I mean the exact same as a forex trading indicator created over at Forex Factory called the cobra LOL!!! ...........

I couldn't post the chart from FXCM so I had to open a demo metatrader just to post this chart...

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

Hi CharterJoe;

cobraforex uses a second moving average, for Longer trend identification, that he calls the "Coral"; another snake!

on the 1 min chart, price above the coral enables Long Trades, whereas price below the coral enables Short Trades.

Since you have this method and template on metatrader, did you figure out which moving average the coral is ?

It is close to an ema(50) displaced forward by 10 bars
but this is not exact.

I would appreciate your take on this issue.

cheers.
the script calls it a THV Hull and its xPeriod is 55 xSlope is 2.0 (or .2 if your FX broker deals in 1/10,000 of a dollar)

I will post another thread when I have time but look at those bands I have been using them for a while they are really good. Called THV COG is almost identical to hurst bands which esignal charges more than a grand and these are better, much better.
quote:

the script calls it a THV Hull and its xPeriod is 55 xSlope is 2.0 (or .2 if your FX broker deals in 1/10,000 of a dollar)

And it would be .50 for the ES, .50 for the NQ and 1.0 for the YM
quote:

the script calls it a THV Hull and its xPeriod is 55

look at those bands I have been using them for a while they are really good. Called THV COG is almost identical to hurst bands which esignal charges more than a grand and these are better, much better.

Thank you CharterJoe.

COG (Center of Gravity) Oscillator is described in Ehlers' book "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures"
but I have never seen "COG bands".

cheers
quote:
Originally posted by Angel

You guys are so jealous of these guys. I was in their room again today and they kept me out of the chop and I made two great trades. Seems like they do know how to trade. They have a room full of people making money every day while you guys just gripe. It must be really sad to be so negative all the time. Go Viper !!!!!!!!!

Viper Auto Trader LOST $2,000 USD yesterday in the ES.

It entered short at the exact low tick of several swings, and went long at the exact high tick of another swing. By noon it had 9 straight losing trades in a row.
Sorry this reply is 2-years late but I just joined the forum.

I know from personal experience that GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar default to showing all users and all comments unless specifically disabled by the Host.

If they're saying what was reported that's a blatant lie.