eminiviper.com

I started this topic because some questions I asked and answers I got from cba33558 were getting lost in this rather extensive topic here:

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2300&whichpage=30

We started this discussion on page 30 of that thread, and I thought I'd move it here so we can continue it (since no one took me up on my offer to start this thread). I'll cut and paste the three posts made after cba33558 posted a chart about eminiviper.com

From 6/8/09:

jimkane: Hey, cba. I checked out that EminiViper.com page. Very impressive. Seems like they don't have any losing days, or even losing trades (or do they not post those?). Is that so? If not, how many stop outs or false signals are you seeing on an average day? It doesn't mean much to me to see winners, I am more interested in the losers I have to take to get those winners. Also, are you the owner of EminiViper.com, or do you work for them? If not, what is your association? If I don't ask, that will likely be the first question from everyone else. Thanks.

cba33558: Hey Jim -

Thanks for visiting the Web site and offering your constructive questions and feedback...

The videos are intended to show the NQ Emini trades that are triggered by the system each day. Currently the system is designed to issue trade signals only the Nasdaq Emini. In addition to the Viper indicator, the system uses a combination of guidance charts and a trading chart that very rarely has a losing trade. With all of these constraints, it should be noted however, that there are not many signals that trigger in any given trading day. Depending on the volatility - usually one or two trades may trigger - a busy day would be 3 trades.

The entire trading system is not shown in the videos; however, all of the details regarding these trade signals are shown in an eBook and training videos. The actual trade signals themselves are analyzed in real-time in the live Webinars. The entire goal of this system was accuracy - not catching every trade.

In answer to your other question, I have been a trader for a little over 12 years now, I am a partner in the firm; and was involved extensively in developing, actively trading and back-testing the Viper system over the past year and a half.

Once again, thank you for your input, and I look forward to opportunity of respectfully participating in your Forum...

jimkane: Thanks for the response, cba. Wow, those are some incredibly impressive stats. Given these are intraday trend trades, it's almost incomprehensible to me. My style is intraday trend trading, and with the 3 to 5 to 1 or sometimes higher reward/risk profiles I'm happy anywhere in the 30% to 50% winners range.

I have a few more questions. Is there a way to follow along and see live trade signals the moment they develop, on a trial basis? The web site mentions visiting a live webinar for a day. Would one see live signals in time to act, or only after they have started? What if no signals are generated that day, can someone try another day? It's very hard to evaluate a system with a one-day trial, especially one that generates only a few signals.

Next, what is the difference between live webinars and live trading room, as far as signals given in real-time? Also, if one signs on to your room and gets all that training, does that do any good without the software? What is the cost of the license, since the website doesn't specify this? I'd love to follow along real-time for a period and evaluate your system, but I'm not sure you have any provisions where I could do that without laying out money first. Again, if I don't ask all these questions, someone else will. Since I'm probably the longest-winded character at this forum, I figured I'd just get the ball rolling. It's not often I hear about a system that has almost no losers at all.

Lastly, if we go much further with this discussion it may be appropriate to move it from this thread to one you or someone else could create in Trading Advisory Services.
I agree !
And when you ask them to show it on other markets, THEY IGNORE YOU!
These same colored indicators (Super Trend, etc...) are avail for free in the Ninja forum...!

Originally posted by lonestar

I am in a trial and they will not say if it is live. I think they
use it on all currencies and oil and several others and only show the ones who made a profit.

Big rip off

What the hell is the matter with you pathetic losers that have nothing better to do with your sorry ass lives than to make up flat out lies and spread untruths about people that you know nothing about!

Go out and get a real life - seriously - shame on you!
Okay, that was a mature constructive post...

Originally posted by swit

What the hell is the matter with you pathetic losers that have nothing better to do with your sorry ass lives than to make up flat out lies and spread untruths about people that you know nothing about!

Originally posted by swit

LOL Swit

I know them quite well and I have not seen any made up lies or untruths yet!
I used to be with viper, when it was 99/month. It is a junk.
I am not sure how those members' testimonials were telling people they are making grands a day. etc.

Their autotrader always changes to new ones as often as garbage truck picks up garbage bin every thursday.

I did forward their emails to CFTC

Stop looking for magic indicators. There is none. Trading is a the hardest job on earth.
Great information all...

I am also evaluating this program and looked at the testimonials which didn't make much realistic sense to me.

If anybody is still with them and making money, please advise.

Thx
Originally posted by rogertr

Great information all...

I am also evaluating this program and looked at the testimonials which didn't make much realistic sense to me.

If anybody is still with them and making money, please advise.

Thx

dont do it! unless you want help to blow your account up in tiny pieces....trust me....
I have been following Viper Trading for a while. I guess I am a little slow to recognize junk but I wanted to give them a chance. They actually make money trading cash in the market but I am was never able to figure out how to make it work for me. They are not good teachers and they don't have a set of trading rules for someone to learn. I did learn some things from them that have helped my trading so it wasn't a complete waste but I am sure there are better teachers available. Here is what I found out in the time I was with them.

1. They change their manual trading indicators every 2 or 3 months. It doesn't matter, however, because they don't use their indicators for their own cash trades. As far as I can tell they use range charts and trade based on support/resistance breakouts. Sometimes they will trade the bounce on a pullback.

2. They are constantly creating and changing autotraders. Of course every new version is amazing. It makes money faster than a dog can make fleas. I wonder what happened to the previous autotraders that made so much money. Why did they change?

3. Now they have an advisory service to tell you where the high probability trades are for the autotrader and when the best times are to trade. For example for Friday 5/28/2010 recommended EMD, ES, YM, 6C, and GC June contracts (most of the volume on GC has switched to the August contract), ZC and ZW. They posted the results of their autotrader sim (not cash) trades for posted the autotrader results for CL, EMD, TF, NQ, YM, 6B and 6E. Where did CL, TF, NQ, 6B and 6E come from? What happened to ES, 6C, GC, ZC and ZW. I asked them 4 times during the morning chat about the results for the "high probability" trades and they ignored me.

I think that they have been very successful with their autotraders. Not with trading them but with selling them. To be successful using the autotraders you need a time machine so you can do like they do, look at the results after the market is closed and then use 20/20 hindsight to decide what to trade.
Originally posted by bob304

I have been following Viper Trading for a while. I guess I am a little slow to recognize junk but I wanted to give them a chance. They actually make money trading cash in the market but I am was never able to figure out how to make it work for me. They are not good teachers and they don't have a set of trading rules for someone to learn. I did learn some things from them that have helped my trading so it wasn't a complete waste but I am sure there are better teachers available. Here is what I found out in the time I was with them.

1. They change their manual trading indicators every 2 or 3 months. It doesn't matter, however, because they don't use their indicators for their own cash trades. As far as I can tell they use range charts and trade based on support/resistance breakouts. Sometimes they will trade the bounce on a pullback.

2. They are constantly creating and changing autotraders. Of course every new version is amazing. It makes money faster than a dog can make fleas. I wonder what happened to the previous autotraders that made so much money. Why did they change?

3. Now they have an advisory service to tell you where the high probability trades are for the autotrader and when the best times are to trade. For example for Friday 5/28/2010 recommended EMD, ES, YM, 6C, and GC June contracts (most of the volume on GC has switched to the August contract), ZC and ZW. They posted the results of their autotrader sim (not cash) trades for posted the autotrader results for CL, EMD, TF, NQ, YM, 6B and 6E. Where did CL, TF, NQ, 6B and 6E come from? What happened to ES, 6C, GC, ZC and ZW. I asked them 4 times during the morning chat about the results for the "high probability" trades and they ignored me.

I think that they have been very successful with their autotraders. Not with trading them but with selling them. To be successful using the autotraders you need a time machine so you can do like they do, look at the results after the market is closed and then use 20/20 hindsight to decide what to trade.

Thanks you for your excellent post. I feel exactly the same but you are a much more elegant writer.
I still look at the manual trading set-up, indicators you can get at this web site or Big Mikes Trading and not have to pay Viper. It has some merit but too many false breakouts. If I could solve that issue I would stay with the manual system.
I wonder what their next products will look like.
Jack
Originally posted by bob304

When I asked them why the chat was one way and they said GoToMeeting was set like that and didnt have capabilities for 2-way chat so everyone can see everyone comments. Not true at all, gotomeeting has the ability for 2 way chat, they just need to turn it on. They think we are naive, just go to the gotomeeting site and other gotomeeting chat rooms, they have 2 way chat.

These guys are fake and there emails postings $1,000's of profit should be illegal per FTC and SCC....someone needs to report them.

Enough said....
Sorry this reply is 2-years late but I just joined the forum.

I know from personal experience that GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar default to showing all users and all comments unless specifically disabled by the Host.

If they're saying what was reported that's a blatant lie.