Automated Trading Systems That Work...

I have been trading automated systems professionally for more than one year. During this time, I have purchased and traded more than 20 automated strategies and have found only 3 to withstand forward testing.

What has been your experience? How robust have you found automated trading strategies to be? Do you have any strategies that work better than those that I have?

Thanks,
I also subscribed to the Viper autotraders. I could not get the same results they did and then they stopped updating their web page with their results. They had autotraders for ES, TF, 6B, 6E, ZB and ZN. Now it looks like they are only offering 2, scalper which "works" on anything and tradeassistant which "uses the viper indicators" to enter trades. Essentially it looks like they could forget all their indicators and just trade on price. They essentially look to take breakouts after consolidation.
nice, a very good imagination to be on hawai and your system works for you.
Originally posted by bob304

I also subscribed to the Viper autotraders. I could not get the same results they did and then they stopped updating their web page with their results. They had autotraders for ES, TF, 6B, 6E, ZB and ZN. Now it looks like they are only offering 2, scalper which "works" on anything and tradeassistant which "uses the viper indicators" to enter trades. Essentially it looks like they could forget all their indicators and just trade on price. They essentially look to take breakouts after consolidation.

Your observations are correct. Half the time they don't even use their own indicators when trading in their trading room. Their MO is to prey on rank newbies as will be evident after one has spent one hour in their trading room.

I also subscribed to the vipertradingsystems.com and eminiautotrader.com discretionary and auto trader scripts for about 6 months performing extensive testing on their auto trader scripts through IB demo and live accounts. The results which they are always hawking using their screen shots and the built-in SIM are meaningless.

They are typical of the kind of operation that the SEC warns - all hype and no facts. All of their screen shots are from results made in local SIMULATION. They offer no statistics, no manual, no FAQS and answer no questions other than those which will keep you subscribed. They use the Day Trading room to hawk the Auto Trader infering verbally all all kinds of gains. It is all just a hustle. I would not doubt that they have heard from the SEC already.

Their trading room is setup so that no one can see the other users' questions so they respond to only those questions that are not embrarassing. Fortunately, they have no such control here.

When the Auto Trader is run in LIVE mode, or even with a brokers demo account, even in an ideal, professional computing and trading environment, the results are completely different than their SIM screen shots.

The days that the Auto Trader makes any gains are invariably when the market is trending strongly. Days when even an idiot could succeed trading discretionary. And it loses as big as it gains.

Then when the losses start to accumulate with the latest and greatest script and the hype wears off, they simply introduce another latest and greatest with the usual hype and SIM screen shots.

New traders should do themselves a favor and spend their time and money on becoming a better trader and knowing which days to trade and which to just sit and watch.

But don't believe me, take their trial offer. Just don't believe their hype. Because what you see is exactly what you will get. Or if you don't have that much time to waste, ask Rich for his win/loss ratio statistics when trading his Scalper system LIVE. That will settle the matter quickly for you.

Good luck trading, and remember, never take more than you need.

Regards,
S4T.
I've been trading for about 12 years and haven't seen an automated strategy that works consistently. The ones that have worked in the past or are making money right now will probably fail miserably in the next couple weeks or months at best. I'd rather rely on my own ability to trade than a computer.