FAQ

Hi everybody. I'm a new trader. I'd like to know information about MARKET DELTA? Can someboby help me in this question, please. I have datas of markets' volume. If it's important in my work? Please, help me to understand Market profile.

I am from Russia, and speak English very bad. Thanks.
who speak russian?
Day trading, can I ask you a question?
quote:
Originally posted by pall

Day trading, can I ask you a question?

Go ahead.
I would like to understand and estimate the market.Where do I start? Learn the rules of trade in the market.How to understand and work with VAH,POC,VAL? Thanks.
To start with I'd get one or more of the books on this list and read them: Market Profile Books.

Then look at the two Market Profile forums here and read all the posts and ask questions about what you don't understand.

Good luck!
How to determine the initial balance, because now the market is traded 24 hours?
The first hour after the opening bell. If you tell me what city you live in in Russia I can tell you what it would be in your time.
quote:
Originally posted by myptofvu

The first hour after the opening bell. If you tell me what city you live in in Russia I can tell you what it would be in your time.

I live in St. Petersburg
5:30 PM your time the U.S. markets open so you would get the Initial Balance at 6:30 PM your time.

I'm assuming its the US markets you're watching.
I'm just learning about mkt. profile, value area, etc. and have a question about the mkt. profile calculator on this site. When I input yesterdays S&P #'s (i.e. high and low for each 30 min. segment) into the calculator I get a different outcome than what Day Trader posts daily. For example my value area for today came out to 1002-996.
Day Trader's was 999.25-993.75. Why the difference?

Thank,

Eileen
Pleased to see that you worked it out traderlife. Feel free to ask again if anything is unclear.