Trader Joed

the private trader joed has broken his long public silence and for his own reasons has done a series of posts showing a tiny portion of his methodology and defending it vigorously at www.marketgeometry.com in the free public forum...many experienced traders consider joed one of best trading minds of our time...
Who are these experienced traders Roofer? Why is he one of the best trading minds out there? Does he post actual trades in advance or just well chosen after the fact examples.....Thanks

Bruce
Originally posted by roofer

the private trader joed has broken his long public silence and for his own reasons has done a series of posts showing a tiny portion of his methodology and defending it vigorously at www.marketgeometry.com in the free public forum...many experienced traders consider joed one of best trading minds of our time...
ah bruce... in going to attack mode you will miss the point..at tim morge's old forum, where tim had surrounded himself with a group of active traders willing to post and vigorously defend their trades,so vigorously that tim would threaten to shut the forum down if civility did not return,joed was the powerhouse trader, daily posting his trades in advance.joed got tired of his work being pilfered and then seeing it being sold... the same thing happened to me at that forum.. a setup i posted came back to me in a mass mailing with the very charts i posted.tim morge has publicly written that in the past he found joed's work so powerful that he considered abandoning his own methodology;joed told him to stick to what he did best..i have not seen joed post in public in 5 years...for his own reasons, he has chosen to post again...if a trader takes the time to say''pay attention here!!!!!!'' with charts and says'' fast move expected''.. to me that is putting it all on the line..joed has nothing to sell.. if this forum exists to help other traders, then perhaps one or two traders will look at joed's work and decide for themselves.i doubt he will post for long.. and then an opportunity to see his work will disappear into the bottomless pit of the internet.
Thanks Roofer...I was just surprised by the "commercial" for that site...but you are correct in your statements about forums.....etc...so thanks for clearing that up and most would be wise ( including me) to check out the free stuff...
Well, I have not seen much of joed's work (since he doesn't post very often), and I don't personally know him, but I can say that his reputation is top notch. As far as Tim's forum, I think it is a really great place for great trading discussion, and Tim keeps the forum strictly non-commercial. Anyone who likes median lines or Fib work likely already follows along there and contributes. I say all the above while pointing out that everyone in here knows me and knows I'm not going to hawk anything to anyone (look at my post count). I say this based on my extensive experience over at the MG forum, over many, many years: joed is highly respected among experienced traders, and the MG forum is chock full of great info, and is totally non-commercial.
Ah, I just caught something I didn't even see until after I posted that reply. This is the 'Trading Advisory Services' area, which is not the place for this topic. Now I see why Bruce was so suspicious. joed doesn't sell anything, rarely posts anywhere, and roofer has been trying to pass along the information that he is 'out in public' for some likely short period of time before he disappears for another ten years or whatever, and to take advantage of that. He has no services, and hence this is not the right area for this. Perhaps the Trader's Lounge? DT, can you move this topic? Thoughts? That should clear up any issues here. If I had caught that I could have started here...
jim i think there are still problems here... i posted this under traders lounge... note that my name is still up there.... yet the post is not there...somehow it is under trading advisories services....?//
That was me - I moved it to trading advisory services as I thought that it had been mis-categorized. I've moved it back to Trader's Lounger and also changed the name of the topic to "Trader Joed"
spam removed
How did this get posted in the Trader Joed thread?
I'd delete it Jim but I seem to have lost my authority with the new forum....I agree though it's off topic..
Originally posted by BruceM

I'd delete it Jim but I seem to have lost my authority with the new forum....I agree though it's off topic..

Delete doesn't work for anyone yet (me included) that's why it's been replaced with "spam removed" - feature still needs to be added.