Having the courage to take a chance!

“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - Christopher Columbus
" Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." - Mark Twain

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
True dat! :)
•Nevever jump into a trade without knowing where it is going
•Follow the trend
•Don't buy at the top and short at the bottom! Pick enter and exit points wisely.
•Filter out false breakouts. Wait for them to play out. 90% of 1st breakouts are false (apparently).
•Let the market move and establish a trend before entering. Don't just jump in willy nilly.
•Become very proficient at a few strategies: master them instead of spreading yourself. Focus is the key to success in this game; mastery can be learnt.
Courage: Doing it afraid
Originally posted by redsixspeed

Courage: Doing it afraid

Nice Red! I like it. I don't think there's any better feeling than doing something when you're afraid and then succeeding.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he does not feel afraid, but he who conquers fear." - Nelson Mandela

How can anyone be a successful trader if he/she won't even take a step forward? Find courage to take calculated risks and make mistakes, it is what teaches us to be better the next time.