Voting and Reputation

You will notice that each topic and reply now has voting arrows next to them. I will put up a page explaining voting and reputation in more detail but until then this is briefly how it works.

If you have 50+ reputation points you can vote. Check your profile to see what your rep is.

You get 20 votes per day. Votes do not carry from day to day so you will lose any votes you don't use on that day. A day is a New York day, i.e. Eastern Time.

It costs you 1 reputation point to vote a post down and 0 to vote it up.

A member's reputation will decrease by 5 points if you vote down a post they made. It will increase by 10 if you vote it up.

Votes can be canceled by clicking the arrow again or reversed by clicking the other arrow. You can change your mind for up to 24 hours after you've initially voted and after that the vote is locked.

I've seeded the prolific posters with 100 reputation points to get the ball rolling.

A members reputation will be displayed just below their name and above their avatar next to each post.

The objective of this exercise is to democratically recognize and reward constructive and helpful posts. If you read something that has helped you then vote it up.

I realize that it is difficult for new members to vote if they haven't posted anything to receive reputation for. I therefore encourage you to post your questions and ask for help and advice and if a question is phrased well I encourage those with sufficient reputation to vote up those questions.

Comments welcome. Also if you like this idea then vote this post up. If you think it sucks then vote it down.
Congratulations to BruceM for being the first trader to pass the 10,000 reputation points mark!

Click image for original size
BruceM passes 10K rep

If you want to see the leader board just look at the following link when you're logged in:
http://www.mypivots.com/users
It's sorted by reputation.
Originally posted by day trading

Congratulations to BruceM for being the first trader to pass the 10,000 reputation points mark!

Click image for original size
BruceM passes 10K rep

If you want to see the leader board just look at the following link when you're logged in:
http://www.mypivots.com/users
It's sorted by reputation.

Wow, Bruce deserves it! Congrats for being the first person on this board to get to 10k mark, Bruce.
so if i run out of votes, how do i get more ?
Originally posted by phileo

so if i run out of votes, how do i get more ?

You get 20 per day and then they renew. A day is based on Eastern Standard Time so at 1 second past midnight in New York the counter is reset 20. They don't accumulate, any votes you don't use in that day are lost.

If you want to support the site you get 40 votes per day (plus some other stuff) if you become a Premium Member.