Chart of the day

Here is a gap and triples so up here at 1227 is my sell...look at the gap in between the white lines...just couldn't hold long with that looming
Click image for original size
triples and gap
I won't agressively trade for those as I beleive that triples at the highs or lows have a higher rate of not being run out on the same day.

Now that the day is over they make a nice target as they ALSO are the low of a trading day which is always a good target...folks like to trade for highs and lows of the RTH session.....,now we have two things...triples and the low of the day
if we can hold the 65 number now they will go get the triples up at 73...I sure hope so
I was thinking the same thing, although Koolstools long term post has had that 62 area pegged for a while, which has been on the radar.

Nice work Kools
oh yeah, nice one cool...I have the 10 point players still working all 10 point numbers off the 2's and 3's...so 62 - 63 was key...but I didn't short for it...that's why the tripples up at 72 - 73 where attractive to me even though they failed today...we'll get em tomorrow
I'm late to the long party at 53.75....the point being that 53 - 50 will be critical today....the 10 point "ratchet" ( they ratchet it up and down) traders scored in the overnight and those who play off the key numbers ( 00, 25,50 and 75's) will try and lean on the 1050...

57 - 59 is a key number/area to watch in the overnight now and early trade....it will be a challenge but I'm trading for the gap fill ultimately if we gap in the RTH session

I'll be surprised if the YM doesn't want to test the 10000 mark today from underneath

Resistance from yesterdays session is 65 - 67 in the ES
63.25 is my best and final fill....that's a ratchet off the 52 - 53 area...waiting on day session now
gap at 61..agressive longs at 57
ratchet traders are on fire....after failing at 51 - 53 they spiked it down into 41 - 43.......I don't think they'll be able to get another 10 today...down into 33 so I'm long 41.50..this the 3rd volume push....I like those!! C'mon 45!!
triples are way up near 54.....that would be a great ending today..
target for last two is 49 and then 53....otherwise another test of the 41.50 will take these runners
I don't think the volume is an issue but it is just something I have observed. I personally would not look at 1 - 4 minute etc..you'd drive yourself crazy and find too many areas of consolidation. For me it's on the 5 minute or else I don't look for them.

Obviously they are not perfect and you can see 5 (5 minute bars) in a row down near the 988 area that have held.....those folks got rewarded but most times the triples give folks the false impression of being rewarded only to get run out later.

There are some who think that the floor or larger traders don't gun for stops.....while they may not gun for my SPECIFIC order I beleive they do know that folks are taught to keep stops just below or above swing points and consolidation areas, like the triples. This is why I am a fader and like things like previous highs and lows and volume areas. We just don't trend enough and spend a huge amount of time consolidating...

Bring up a 5 minute chart of the ES and see how often we get a trend away from a price without going back to fill in the breakout area later.....look for my thread called "Price bar overlap" soon. The RTH session begins for me at 9:30 e.s.t and ends at 4:15 . Everything outside of that time is considered the overnight session for me.
Originally posted by ak1

Thanks Bruce, if the triples are formed inside the days range on high volume will they be considered valid.Like the ones at 1006.5 on Friday. Also if we can't find triples in a 5 min. chart, is it OK to consider the 1 min chart then or do we go loking for them from 4min to 3min to 2min and then 1 min.i.e scale down.