ES 1-06-10

Well i went in to the overnight short 2 es . i took one off at 1129.00, still holding the other.studying the charts
s 33.25...stop 35.25

Click image for original size
es 50r1 6 10
took 1 @ 31 cause that is the 161.8 and they left a gap @ 33...stop be
Good morning Kool and VO. Thanks for posting VO. I noticed that you are using range bars. I have been playing with them late into the night. They seem to have an edge on making Kools projections. Would you pls comment on you experiences with them when you get a chance. TIA RB
Originally posted by rburns

Good morning Kool and VO. Thanks for posting VO. I noticed that you are using range bars. I have been playing with them late into the night. They seem to have an edge on making Kools projections. Would you pls comment on you experiences with them when you get a chance. TIA RB
Mr. Burns, range bars can help give nice clean patterns, which is what I basically trade. I look at all of em (tick, volume, time, range, renko, line) trying to determine what structure the market is tracing, but generally trade off the 610T for ES.

Sometimes a simple time chart gives you the best clues - sometimes not. Thats why I look at all of em.
stopped on my other es short at 1132.50 loss of 2.25...watching
Thanks Mr VO
buying 1132.50
Click image for original size
Originally posted by koolblue

buying 1132.50
i think ur right...1 more small push higher. This looks diagonal to me.
Iwant to emphasise once again, that no matter what trades i make today, followers of the 'longer term views' thread and indeed ,this one should know that for quite a while i had been looking at 2 possible places for an intermediate (possibly even major ) top to form...1133 and 1170. although i see higher prices into March, the danger of this zone is extreme! Need to keep this in mind. Thats one reason for the overnite short i took yesterday!(tried to exit at 1127.00, no luck...went to 1127.25!). On a short term basis, i belive 36.50-38 or 1142 remain very possible ends for this move!...but time will tell!
Originally posted by koolblue

Well, finished the day up 3.75... all in all a good recovery.. see ya tomorrow!

nicely done