Pivot farm goes to the dark side..

Actually a bad title for this post....they will be charging people real soon for their "numbers". I've never run a website and I actually don't fault them as everyone probably wants to expand their business or at least increase their income stream.

Even more reason to be thankful to the owners ( Guy) of this site and allow us moochers to ramble here, share numbers and obtain the pivots and Va numbers for free...
So you got that email too.
I think I'm on just about every vendor list, just to keep up with what's going on out there and for cheesy entertainment.

I remember when the guy launched a thread on Elitetrader talking about trading off price swings (S/R) only. After a while of posting his stuff there, he also started a blog that had the same info. All he did was then grab additional info available (like fib levels and MP #'s) and cobble them together onto a page and dubbed it the "Pivot Farm."

Now that he purportedly has 4000 "free subscribers" ... well, time to cash in as this is a typical bidness plan. Why buy a cow when ya can get the milk for free here (cheeseball pun intended)!
They must be getting advice from some Senator Palpatine....
did you hear that Dr.Brett is discontinuing his blog? He got hired by some trading firm who won't let him post freely anymore. Kinda sad for me.
End of an era, I really enjoyed reading his posts to help with my trading pyschology.

There were 2 eMini traders that I had been following who had been emailing out S/R numbers. Once they collected enough subscribers, they announced the intention to go premium.

The collective here at myPivots forum could be the last bastion of "free" stuff!
Its' the last bastion of true "capitalism" - MyPivots.

Like 'Horse trading" or commodity trading in the pits.

Unlike the stock market which is based on paper/stock (fools gold) and the greater fool theory, commodities have actual 'Stuff" that you can take inventory off and a commodity price will never go to zero, unlike a stock.
that's too bad about Dr. Brett but I'm happy for him......there's someone who shared many great ideas without worrying about making the ideas obsolete.....

On the flip side he obviously has some "secrets" that he doesn't post and keeps to himself or may share with his new firm....that's cool too...this concept may be what Hunter is referring to on the ES threads...
Originally posted by phileo

did you hear that Dr.Brett is discontinuing his blog? He got hired by some trading firm who won't let him post freely anymore. Kinda sad for me.
End of an era, I really enjoyed reading his posts to help with my trading pyschology.

There were 2 eMini traders that I had been following who had been emailing out S/R numbers. Once they collected enough subscribers, they announced the intention to go premium.

The collective here at myPivots forum could be the last bastion of "free" stuff!